Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Christmas Ornaments for Centerpieces in a Non-winter wedding

We're getting married in May, and our main color is a minty blue green, accented with blush and ivory flowers. I had been planning on doing centerpieces of mostly flowers and candles, having three different to alternate on the tables. However, I found Christmas bulbs in the exact shade of our color in matte, shiny and glitter finish mixed in with bronze/gold and silver bulbs, which all look great together. I'm wondering if I can use the combo in vases for some centerpieces to glam up the hall but I do not want it to scream Christmas. Obviously they are ornaments, and I'm fine with people knowing that, I just don't want it to look out of place or strange since it'll be spring. What are some thoughts on this? 

Re: Christmas Ornaments for Centerpieces in a Non-winter wedding

• Options
    I think it sounds pretty.  You should be fine since none of those are traditionally Christmassy colors. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It would say Christmas to me, regardless of the colours.
  • Options
    I agree it would look Christmasy to me, but if you like how it looks I think it's fine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think it'll look great! As long as your ornaments aren't surrounded by pine branches or red, green, and gold, I don't think it'll reek of Christmas. Do you have a pic you can show us?
  • Options
    I think it depends on what it looks like. I'm trying to picture it, but I can't really. Do you have a mock up pic that you could post?
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Here's a picture of the bulbs, in a very rough sample. I'm thinking more tall round vases, this is just a short square one I had at home. Thanks!
  • Options
    Looks Christmas-y to me.  I wouldn't do it if I got married in May.
  • Options

Hmm, that does look a little Christmasy. I guess I was picturing something more like this.

• Options
    For a spring wedding, you should definitely have a much higher ratio of flowers to the ornaments.

With the amount if ornaments per table you're currently planning on, I'd just assume you ran out of money for centerpieces and bought the ornaments on 90% off after Christmas clearance.
  • Options
    I think if you like it then you should go for it, especially if it's only for some tables. The worst thing that could happen is a guest could say, "Why are there Christmas ornaments out this time of year?" but I don't think they will criticize your whole wedding for it (and if they do, then boo to them!). I think guests are more likely to say, "Are those Christmas ornaments? What a clever idea to save some money creatively!" At least that's what I would think if I was there! :) Flowers are expensive and die, so I'm trying to find ways to make creative and cost-effective centerpieces myself. I'd just wait until the ornaments go on clearance after Christmas! haha! Best of luck! :)
  • Options
    Those are pretty, although they do look Christmasy.  If you're okay with that, then by all means go for it, although guests might wonder about it.  Hopefully they won't bring it up to you in a critical way.
  • Options
    I really like the colors, but I do think it looks Christmas-y. If "Christmas-y" was your first thought and other knotties' first thought, your guests will for sure think it looks Christmas-y. If you're ok with that and you like it anyway, do whatever you want! If you're not ok with that, I agree with PP who said you should have a higher flower to ornament ratio.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    ElcaB said:

Hmm, that does look a little Christmasy. I guess I was picturing something more like this.

Oooh, that's pretty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards