Destination Weddings Discussions

When to send invites??

Wedding date is July 26, 2014. Sending out save the dates as soon as I get them from the Etsy shop we ordered from.

They have all the info to contact our travel agent to start booking reservations.

My question is...when do we send out the actual invitations?

Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When to send invites??

• I probably sent mine WAY too early (6 months) but I think the standard for destination weddings especially if you send save the dates is 2-4 months before the wedding.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• missmo14 said:
    I probably sent mine WAY too early (6 months) but I think the standard for destination weddings especially if you send save the dates is 2-4 months before the wedding.
    How long did you give them to RSVP? Did a lot of them RSVP early?

We are probably doing 6 months too, with 2 1/2 months to RSVP. I feel like if they book after that, they will totally miss out, but they also need a reasonable amount of time to see if they can make the trip.
  • We already had 26 RSVP before the invitations even went out! We set up online RSVP on our wedding website. Our RSVP cut off is February 28. I just wanted to mail them before the holiday season.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Wow, that's so great you got such quick responses! For us, it's about the transportation. We need to know how any shuttles to rent by February, so we will need a good idea of how many people will actually make it.

OP, we are outliers. The important thing for you to know is when you need to know by. Do they need to be booked by a certain time? Does the venue have an RSVP deadline? Check with your vendors too, if it isn't all inclusive. Depending on how far the destination is, and how difficult it is to get to, you will probably want to give people more time to decide. If everyone lives in the midwest and your DW is in California, two months might be enough time. If it's on a hard to get to island or another continent, four is probably better. You can also probably get away with 6 months, but some people might turn up their noses at it. Just give them a good amount of time to RSVP.
  • I'm getting married in May and our STDs went out in July. Our invitations will go out in late February. A STD was basically an invitation. Sure, those that plan to go will probably already have booked their travel before they get the invitation, but at that point, it's a formality. RSVP with dinner choices are due in late April. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards