Chit Chat
Options

Favorite Halloween Memories

Mine is having the chicken pox and ToTing around the house and then watching "scary" movies.
What are your fave Halloween memories (ToT or otherwise)?

Re: Favorite Halloween Memories

• Options
    Mine is dressing up as a ghost and Trick or treating with my best friend. We got more candy that year than most years.
  • Options
    One of my favorite memories was running home to watch the Halloween episode of 90210 in 1992. Yes, I was a 90210 superfan. 

Aside from that, I one year wore a rock star costume. This was in the late 80s. It came with lace gloves and pearls (a la Madonna) and I was in love with it. My babysitter took me out TOTing before my mom came home (w/out her permission..lol) and I got a ton of candy that year. 
  • Options
    My favorites are all from my childhood and going over to my grandparents place to ToT (they live in a pretty nice neighborhood) and celebrating my grandma's birthday (her birthday is 10/31)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Happy memories of costumes and ToT-ing (especially the year my BFF and I went as a pair of dice--it was fun making that costume) but I also have great memories of working the local Halloween/fall festival in high school and being the person to hand out candy at my parents' house.

We don't get many ToT-ers in my current neighborhood so the other year, we dressed up our dogs and reverse ToT-ed a few of our neighbors who are friends of ours. We made up little treat bags for their pets and young kids and our labels said "Happy Howl-o-ween from Roxy and Bali". We are dorks but it was a ton of fun :)
  • Options
    getting home from trick or treating, spreading the goods out on the living room floor, sorting them into piles and bargaining with my sister on what I was willing to trade. :)
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    It's my sister's birthday so we always had a little party then went ToT-ing in the neighborhood.  She's working in another country this year so don't get to do the adult version of that this year.
  • Options
    I loved t or ting as a kid.  I always would use my dance costumes (we did productions so they were more character costumes then regular dance costumes-- I was shirley temple one year, annie another, chip from beauty and the beast, etc...). any, I had super dad who would take me and my friends all over the neighborhood.  even on the rainy nights we would take the car lol.  we always had so much fun. 

another favorite was my first halloween with my husband (bf at the time)... I woke up with a horrible migraine which always leads to getting sick.  So I thought we were going to have to cancel our halloween plans to do dinner/drinks with my friends that night(it was a sat).  We still needed costumes and I was not going anywhere.  By about 3pm I was feeling a lot better so last minute we decided to just go to good will and see what we could come up with.  I had a super man shirt already so we went on a mad rush and were able to find red shorts and these white boots. We then went to the fabric store and bought material to make a cape and red paint for the boots.  He found a weird white dress shirt with metallic design and angel wings and face paint.  We came home, he helped paint my boots and make my cape, and we went off to meet my friends at dinner. I was super girl and he was my villian.  A horrible morning turned out to be a great night, and we now have our tradition of going out the night before halloween to see what crazy outfits we can throw together.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards