June 2014 Weddings

Compromise...

TeriBeri06TeriBeri06 member
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
edited October 2013 in June 2014 Weddings
My FI is absolutely refusing to let me come with him to look at tuxes. He hasn't seen my dress and isn't really aware of all the details. 1) I want to at least be fond of the tux he chooses and 2) I wanna at least point him in the right direction when it comes to how we will look together. I'd be fine with not being allowed to be there if he'd at least let my mom or brother come along, as they have both seen my dress, but he's not willing to compromise about this. We agreed on a formal wedding and before I bought my dress I showed him pics of dress in general to get a feel for what he liked...He won't even talk about the tux search, without accusing me of being overbearing How many of you were apart of the tux shopping process, and if you weren't how'd that work out for you?

Re: Compromise...

• I gave up my fight, we're doing a relaxed feel, the guys will be in jeans, a white dress shirt, grey vest, and pink ties. My guy is insisting on wearing a CAMO vest!!!!! However it's not worth the fight. I'll try to sneak an extra grey vest though for some of the photos. Good luck! Hopefully since you agreed to go formal he will follow that lead but from my understanding, it's kinda hard to go wrong with any kind of tux. (I could be wrong about this, just what I remember from when we went and looked)
  • We are doing more casual and I gave my fiancee free reign on what to wear.  He's going with kackis, a lavender shirt and tie.  He has not decided if the best man, my dad, and the ring bearer (my 7 yr old) will match him or wear another color.  I want him and everyone else comfy so I left that up to him.
  • TeriBeri06TeriBeri06 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    Lol I hear you guys I do. I was just worried b/c he was saying he didn't want to wear a tux at all. H e was saying he wanted to wear a suit he already had (none of which are formal or fit him very well for that matter) But I got him to agree that'd he'd be in a tux. So all is WELL!
  • At least you got him to a tux! Just tell him the color of your dress (white, ivory, champagne) and he should come out okay :) He needs the color bc usually he gets the vest that matches your dress color, guys get whatever is picked (matching BM or not) and fathers get grey. We did ours 2 weeks ago.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards