Texas-Austin

New to area...looking for small ceremony site

I'm looking for a free place to have a small family ceremony...I'm thinking a pretty park or lakeside area. Any ideas? :)

Re: New to area...looking for small ceremony site

• There are SO many pretty places in Austin.

Depending on date, and if you have the money available up front; Chapel Dulcinea in Driftwood is BEAUTIFUL, but it's a free wedding chapel.  $400 deposit which can be fully refunded to you on the date of your ceremony if you get married on a weekend, or, I think it's $200 if you get married on a weekday. 

I'm not useful for Austin area parks, but, I know San Gabriel in Georgetown is pretty.  Or, maybe google some of the local State parks, or City parks in Austin.

Lakeside might be problematic since most of the area lakes are drying up; Lake Georgetown might still be holding, although I haven't been out there in a LONG time.

Good luck!
  • Thank you!! :)
  • Hey there!  Welcome!  I'm doing my wedding ceremony at Chapel Dulcinea, which is very a very scenic hillside spot - beautiful!

This site has some good resources:

I'd also check out any of the area parks.  I fell in love with this spot, but Chapel Dulcinea just edged it out - 

• Thank you for that list, aesparza!!  I have searched all over Google for something like that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards