Attire & Accessories Forum

Would this be a disaster...?

kmjohns21kmjohns21 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited October 2013 in Attire & Accessories Forum
Ok, so I feel like I have been looking at bridesmaid dresses forever! I'm going with 3 of my bridesmaids for the first time next week!! So my question is, does everything in this picture just completely clash if I had one of them in each of these dresses? I think I am at the point where I can't think for myself anymore. Please be honest, and if you do think it looks just terrible then which one of the 5 do you think would be best on its own?

Thank you! 

Re: Would this be a disaster...?

• I think they all look great together!
  • JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
     I don't think they clash at all! A lot of brides pick a colour or two, & have their BMs choose their own dresses anyways. I really like all 5 of those dresses too! :)

Have fun shopping!

*J
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    They look fine together.  A lot of brides are choosing to steer away from the uniform looks that bridesmaids typically have.  Here is what it might look like on the day of:
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=bridesmaids+in+different+dresses+different+shades&rlz=1C1TSCD_enCA501CA501&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=gHRxUp7rGeWr7AaGaw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667#q=bridesmaids+in+different+dresses+different+shades+of+grey&tbm=isch&imgdii=_
    Or, you could just tell them a certain colour (grey) and maybe a length and just let them pick out their own dresses.
    ETA my favourite is the first dress.
  • Looks fine to me.  Many brides are breaking away from the matching dresses and doing different styles for each or even different colors.  And I don't think those clash at all.

I just gave my BM's a sample of the wedding color (I gave them a piece of the ribbon that we are using for decor) and said find a dress that you like, preferably that you may wear again, and it would be nice to somewhat match that color.  I don't care if they are long or short, or even in they match color completely, and I don't feel the need to approve their choice.  They have to wear it, so I want them to feel comfortable.  I figured that since my BM's and I all live in different states, that shopping and coordinating could be difficult.  But, last I heard, it sounds like my BM's are taking it upon themselves to actually get matching dresses anyway.

• Being the same length and a similar palette makes them work great together!  I say go for it!  I picked my color and length and am letting mine pick their own dress.  I think it's cute when it's not so matchy matchy.
  • I think they look nice together. I think them in that order too. Not sure if that's your plan but it would look lovely.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love when they wear different dresses-- but be flexible with the styles in case one style does not work you still do not want to force someone to wear a dress they do not like/ feel comfortable in.  I originally wanted my girls in a different dress and planned to say pick the style you want in this color (we went shopping together)--they did that and ended up 2 liking one dress and 3 liking another so we went with that. 

Anniversary
  • I like them! i love mismatched look.   My girls are all picking out their own dresses, i just gave them the color and they can pick what they want. 

• I was talking to someone from David's Bridal today about this. I want them all in the same color so she suggested going with the same fabric for all of the dresses. Does anyone know if regular chiffon and crinkle chiffon will show up as different colors?
  • I also think they would look fine together. If I had to chose just one, the first is my personal favorite.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards