Attire & Accessories Forum

Where to buy a Veil

Everytime I turn around there is another freaking over the top expense. I need to buy a veil. i want to get a decent one but I bought my dress at RK bridal in NYC. The veils I like are like $300. Why would it even cost that much is beyond me. What is worse is my aunt is buying it. I cant ask her to spend that much money on dumb veil. I want to find a cheaper veil that is ivory but I dont know if there is a process to this or if  i buy it cheaper somewhere else if it would coordinate with my dress. Did anyone else buy their veil online? what was the experience like? 

Re: Where to buy a Veil

• OverTheMoonBridal on Etsy has beautiful veils for great prices and great feedback. I ordered mine from there and should have it by Thursday and can let you know the quality for sure. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Make your own! If you're happy with a fairly simply design (read: a piece of tulle on a comb), then it shouldn't be difficult to make your own veil. My FMIL will be making mine; we're planning on just lace on tulle. Here's a website we're planning on using as a guide: http://www.chicaandjo.com/2008/04/08/make-your-own-wedding-veil/

Also, protip: To "iron out" your tulle, have it in the bathroom with you when you shower; the steam will smooth out the wrinkles. (We did this all the time as ballet dances with our tutus.)
  • I made mine with a lace applique I bought in the garment district in nyc ($8) and a yard of russian netting for $4 at Joann fabric...... its absolutely perfect (birdcage style)

overall, etsy had gorgeous veils though and theyre so affordable you can order 2-3 to try them (make sure they are returnable)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• rakkaya87 said:
    I made mine with a lace applique I bought in the garment district in nyc ($8) and a yard of russian netting for $4 at Joann fabric...... its absolutely perfect (birdcage style)

overall, etsy had gorgeous veils though and theyre so affordable you can order 2-3 to try them (make sure they are returnable)
    I would love to see pictures of your veil. It sounds absolutely beautiful!
  • Thanks you guys. I have to be honest I am not crafty. I try to be but it doesn't always come out great. So I cant make my own veil LOL. But I will check out these websites maybe they will help. THANKS
  • i'm having same dilemma, so i'm glad you asked!  I'm looking for a place online to buy one and have found some options of what i am looking for on etsy for much less than in stores.  i even checked Davids and they were still over $100.  I haven't purchased one yet, so i can't recommend a specific vendor but there are tons on etsy. 

• Iloveshanej i will PM you a photo once I receive it, im awaiting my mock hair trial photos from my hair lady when she put the pieces on my head, I didnt even think to take any with my phone :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I bought mine for $40 on Amazon. You could also buy a used veil on Ebay.

Many brides on TK have had success with ValuVeil for something simple.
  • I wanted to update that I received my veil from OverTheMoonBridal on Etsy. It's gorgeous, exactly what I was looking for and it came in four business days as promised. The veil I chose is simple but she does custom orders with lots of choices as well and her customer service is outstanding! Good luck!
  • I bought my veil online at http://weddingfactorydirect.com/.  They had tons of options and I found one that was almost exactly like the veil I liked in the bridal store at 1/3 of the price (including shipping).  One caution though, they do not accept returns since they are a wholesaler, so if you order something make sure it is what you want.

I was very happy with the veil I got.  The beading on it matched my dress perfectly.
  • I made my own Birdcage Veil :) Gold headband, Gold Tulle (not the netting, just tulle) and a white flower. It took me a bit to get the tulle the right way but i save a ton of money. 
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

• Check ebay, you may be able to find the exact veil on there for a fraction of the cost from a bride who didn't get married or doesn't want to keep it after the wedding.

• I can't tell you where to find a good one online, but i can tell you NOT to use lightinthebox.com. They look nice in the photos but are super cheap looking and made of scratchy material.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards