Nevada-Las Vegas

PJ Clarke's - CLOSED!!

I just got an email from my coordinator at P.J. Clarkes where we had scheduled our reception for June that as of today they closed permanently! Does anyone have any decently priced reception locations? We are planning for around 40 people and don't really want to spend over $3,000 but want something nice. I'm soooo bummed because PJ Clarkes was PERFECT!! :(

Re: PJ Clarke's - CLOSED!!

• I received an email from Sabrina too about PJ Clarke's closing. Such a bummer... And my wedding is in April (ugh). We went ahead and contacted Tara at Carmine's and she was very helpful about accommodating us and seemed like she was willing to work with our budget. BUT it's Italian, not a steakhouse. I'm just happy that it's available.
  • Thats awful. Sorry thats happened to you ladies! Im assuming you will get your deposits back at the very least. How about Joe's as an alternative?

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• We got the same email, can't believe it.  We had it booked for May and was perfect for budget and amount of people as F&B min wasn't as large as most restaurants. Back to the drawing board :-(

• Wow, that's rubbish! That was still on our list as a potential (along with nearly everywhere else in Vegas, but still).
    Joes has a much higher F&B min of $5000 before tax and tip.
    That sucks for brides who have previously gotten married there as well and maybe wanted to return for an anniversary meal.
    I hope everyone who had a booking there gets something sorted with minimum stress!
  • Missmo - do you know Joes room minimums? I was so set on PJs that I STUPIDLY deleted all the restaurant research i did so now i have to request it all over. I should have listened to my FI, he told me by the time the wedding rolled around something in our plans would close. Thats Vegas for ya! :). Oh and we do get our deposit back, or so we were told!
  • Megan if you want I can forward you the email I got from Joes with all the details about room mins etc. give me your email address and I can forward it then you can edit out your address from the post if you want.
  • AH $5,000 is just so much! I kind of feel like we have to go with Joes though since its right next door to PJ Clarkes. We had our guests walking from the ceremony at Caesars to PJs and then from PJs we were getting on the DDB to cruise the strip. I feel like this has complicated our whole evening! If we decide to go somewhere else for our reception then i feel like we need to pay for transportation for our guests as some may not want to walk it. :( Im just so confused about what to do now!!
  • Megan6346Megan6346 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2013
    That would be awesome! Megan@yahoo.com. Thank you!!
  • The $5000 minimum is for the private Gigi room. The non private Jesses room does not have a minimum, only a $150 booking fee.
    Might be worth contacting Joes and asking if they would be flexible on the minimum as a goodwill gesture toward you based on the unusual circumstances out with your control?
  • I looked at Joe's too and really liked their menu's etc but it's the min F&B that's killing me. We have only 36 (including us) and no matter what we ordered we would struggle. I also threw out all our other options at the weekend. So looking back through my emails with regards to venue's and menu's. I know everything will work out in the end just frustrating... At least we have some notice. We are UK based so reading up on lots of reviews and others recommendations :-)

• sdg2502 said:
     That sucks for brides who have previously gotten married there as well and maybe wanted to return for an anniversary meal.
    That is on my mind constantly.  Since everything changes in Vegas, I'm just waiting to get a new bulletin that Mandalay is replacing Mix with something else, then we won't have 'our' restaurant to go back to again.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I just wanted to say sorry to all you ladies dealing with this now (as if you needed any more stress for your wedding). I looked at PJs myself and thank god we didn't book it seeing this, but I really hope the restaurants in Caesars plays ball with you ladies considering they closed it!
  • Hey Im actually booked with Joe's. And yes they say that they have a 5k food and bev min but they will work with you. I have about 35 guest and she dropped it to 3k. Now my wedding in July 26th 2014 so that make a difference but talk to them and see if they can work something out for you. I love Joe's and when we saw it in person we knew we wanted to have our reception there and Im was so happy they worked with us and we booked the same day!!

• Nicole at Joe's is the absolute nicest person I've worked with so far. I hope you guys all find places!

I did want to leave a shout-out for the Empress Court restaurant at Caesar's - it's "high-end Chinese" and the restaurant is really beautiful, the photos don't do it justice. I definitely saw a glass-enclosed private area there that might be able to hold about 25 people. We liked the food there and the staff is very attentive.

• Oh no! That's terrible news. 

Joe's is a great choice if your budget can swing it, but you might also consider The Capital Grille at Fashion Show Mall ($75-115 for dinner per guest) or BRAND Steakhouse at Monte Carlo (no pricing online.) 

Off Strip (but nearby) Lawry's Prime Rib ($49.50-89.50 for dinner per person)

If it helps, here's a list of hundreds of restaurants that can host private events and wedding receptions: http://www.littlevegaswedding.com/the-directory/other/restaurant-receptions/wedding-reception-restaurants-vegas/

Good luck! 

// Little Vegas Wedding blog - click for modern Vegas wedding inspiration, ideas and venues! //
    // Springs Preserve + Border Grill bride, May 2010 //

• Notified also and my wedding is November 9th. No worries The Palm Steakhouse in the Forum Shops was very accommodating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards