Getting in Shape

cant seem to find my oomp

I have been yo yo ing back and fourth between "lets do this" and "I want this big piece of cake" kinda of attitudes. In the past it was never that hard for me to grasp the concept of losing weight and what I needed to do. But because of stress or what have you I CAN NOT for the life of me seem to just jump on the lose weight train. My wedding is in April I know I have a little time but its creeping up on me. I bought my dress already and that is still not motivation enough. Did anyone have the same problem? If so what kicked you into gear? I do not have any friends here as I just moved to a different state. Its a whole different world. I do go to the gym...when I make myself. Please HELP!

Re: cant seem to find my oomp

• I often struggle with this-staying motivated is the hardest part of losing weight and sticking with any type of plan.  But, after I lost 13#, I got rid of my larger clothes-if I were to gain any back, then I would have nothing to wear!  And when I really want the <insert bad food here> or don't feel like going for a run or hitting the gym, I try to think about how GOOD I feel when I'm eating healthy and working out.  Usually this works for me and helps me stay on track.  It also helps that I do CrossFit and enjoy my friends at the gym-working out with others is a great way to stay motivated and accountable.
  • The thing that helped me the most was finding a support group.  I joined a zumba studio, and all of the ladies there are awesome motivators.  We also have a facebook group and my phone blows up all day long with people sharing their recipes, sweaty selfies, and success stories.  Having those constant reminders from real women that I care about has helped me so much!

I highly recommend to anyone who is having trouble staying motivated that you try to find some zumba, cross fit, boot camp, or other classes near you.  A lot of these classes tend to have a community type atmosphere so you're likely to meet people who can help keep you on track!
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • kmdassow said:
    The thing that helped me the most was finding a support group.  I joined a zumba studio, and all of the ladies there are awesome motivators.  We also have a facebook group and my phone blows up all day long with people sharing their recipes, sweaty selfies, and success stories.  Having those constant reminders from real women that I care about has helped me so much!

I highly recommend to anyone who is having trouble staying motivated that you try to find some zumba, cross fit, boot camp, or other classes near you.  A lot of these classes tend to have a community type atmosphere so you're likely to meet people who can help keep you on track!

Ditto PP. I do way more in classes than I ever would on my own. I also like that my gym's classes are challenging, but have all different body types and fitness levels so everyone works to the best of their abilities.

Also, if you still want cake, maybe you could try filling up on lean protein, veggies, and fruits, and then just have a very small serving size of cake to satisfy the craving. Cold-turkey has never worked for me, but if I can indulge in small serving sizes, like a measuring out a quarter of a cup of ice cream, that keeps me satisfied and less likely to eat more empty calories. With a few months, you could also try gradually phasing something out. I used to drink a grande pumpkin spice latte every day (!!), and then switched to coffee with sugar, then a little less sugar, and now it's been a year without any added sugar in my coffee. I can't even fathom drinking the amount of sugar that I used to!

• My wedding is also in April and I'm having the same issue!!! I think what has helped me is smaller portions and being realistic with workout expectations... 3 days a week versus 6 so I don't feel like I'm failing. Everyone is different but my weak time is after dinner... I've noticed a difference w smaller dinner portion and no snack after dinner! We can do it! I'm trying extra hard before the holidays!! We can do it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards