40-Plus Brides

Bridal shower for my mother

Any feedback would be useful

My mom and her  boyfriend recently got engaged and are planning to get married end of this year .I have a close relationship with my mother and have become good friends with her fiance.
My question is: shall I offer to plan a bridal shower for her? Is it common for  re marriages to do all the formalities of the first? This would be my mom's third wedding
Also,Her fiance has a daughter who is quite close to my mother since my mom has been living with her boyfriend and his daughter for many years now. Should i get her involved  in the planning being the future step daughter to my mother?
Any suggestions on how to send invites for this event?
Thank you!

Re: Bridal shower for my mother

• I don't claim to be an expert but, I think you can have a bridal shower no matter how many weddings you have. I believe every formality that is in a first marriage is acceptable in a subsequent marriage. This is a wedding not a vow renewal. I believe any one (other than the couple getting married) can host a bridal shower. I think it is a great idea and kind of you to include your future step sister in the planning. I hope this is helpful:)
  • As for invitations, be sure to send them only to people who are invited to the wedding.

• I would suggest that you ask your mom if she would like to have a shower, and if so, what kind.  Getting her fiancé's daughter involved is a great idea....if the two of you get along well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards