Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Undergarment Suggestions

I am starting to look into buying my slip and such to go with my dress. Anyone have suggestions on where to get a corset bra for not too much? I would prefer to not have to pay the $65 or so it costs at David's Bridal. I'm a bigger girl so I will probably be buying it in person.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Undergarment Suggestions

• Options
    Kohl's has corset bras, but they're online only.  They have a generous return policy. 
  • Options
    Hmmm... maybe once I go get measured somewhere I could order one online. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

And for your slip, go on ebay. Once you know which on from DB you want to go with your dress, look for it on ebay. They are machine washable. I had sold mine on there. If you get it, wash on delicate, then hang from a pant hanger or use clothes pins &  a regular hanger & hang it in your shower let it dry. It will be as good as new for a fraction of th cost.

I got my strapless bra from Nordstrom, it wasn't cheap but with it being a bra vs. a corset I'll wear it more often in the summer with cute dresses that have thin straps or strapless. I'm a bigger girl myself.

• Options
    I've always liked the ones from frederiks of hollywood.  Some stores do not carry them in store though so it depends whether you can buy in store or would have to buy online.  Easy returns even if online (they send a prepaid return package so you literally just send back and get your refund).  When they have a sale you can get them for under $50. I got mine for $40 last year. Very comfy too.

Anniversary
  • Options
    erinlin25 said:
    I've always liked the ones from frederiks of hollywood.  Some stores do not carry them in store though so it depends whether you can buy in store or would have to buy online.  Easy returns even if online (they send a prepaid return package so you literally just send back and get your refund).  When they have a sale you can get them for under $50. I got mine for $40 last year. Very comfy too.
    Ditto. I tried to do the ones that Macy's and other stores like that consider to be "corsets" and they just didn't give me the support I needed. 

Fredericks of Hollywood, their corsets help you stay straight, shape your figure and definitely support you ^_^ That's what I am going with. I love mine. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got my stuff at Walmart. I got a bottom corset sucker inner thing (yep, that's the technical term) that comes up right under my boobs and it was $15 and a bra that has the straps that you can change because I'm a DD and my dress is a halter style and it was $20. So $35 totally and they are awesome! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm probably gonna go shopping this afternoon to figure out my size. There's a Frederick's near me. And they're having an online sale.

My dress is a ballgown and they will be putting in a corset so I'm trying to decide if I need the corset thing or just a strapless bra.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My dress is strapless with a corset built in. I am having cups sewn in so I wont even be wearing a bra.
    A friend of mine bought hers on ebay. It was perfect. She tried it on a DB then searched ebay. Very simple.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards