Wedding Party
Options

Cute ways to ask...

Hi Everyone! I've seen so many cute ways to ask friends/family to be their MOH/bridesmaids but what about the men? Does anyone have any unique ways of asking them to be in the wedding party? I'd like to make it memorable and more special than just asking them outright. Thanks!

Re: Cute ways to ask...

• Options
    Asking someone to be in your wedding is and of itself memorable and special.  Having a box filled with a ring pop and a bridesmaid t-shirt will not make it any more special.  In fact doing something over the top could pressure people into saying yes when in fact they want to say no.

Just get together with each of your friends individually, maybe for a drink or two or for dinner and just ask them.  Trust me, that is enough.

• Options
    I would get ask the person in a one on one setting. I never got the ring pops and fancy cards.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:
    I would get ask the person in a one on one setting. I never got the ring pops and fancy cards.
    I never really got them either.  You aren't "proposing" to your friends, you are just asking them to be BM.  So why the need for all the cutesy shit?

• Options
    You could ask it with beer:image
  • Options
    I guess it's just a preference. I was asked to be a bridesmaid once over text and I thought it was a bit strange. Of course I'm going to ask them in person but I want it to be something more than just, "Hey, be my groomsman/bridesmaid?" I'm very into cute, quirky and fun things. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Options
    If you make a production of every little detail leading up to your wedding, wedding fatigue will set in very quickly. Your fi should be the one who asks his men to stand up for him. Is he looking for a cutesy way to do that? He should ask each person, individually, so no one feels pressured. 

• Options
    I guess it's just a preference. I was asked to be a bridesmaid once over text and I thought it was a bit strange. Of course I'm going to ask them in person but I want it to be something more than just, "Hey, be my groomsman/bridesmaid?" I'm very into cute, quirky and fun things. Thanks for the suggestions!
    I agree that asking through a text message is strange and impersonal. But asking with a "cutesy" item or in quirky way does not make it more personal or meaningful. Asking someone in person or over the phone if they live far away is just as personal and meaningful as if you asked them by giving them a bottle of wine with a "cute" poem attached to it.

• Options
    AddieL73 said:
    You should buy them a huge teddy bear in a tux and write a cute poem. Men love that shit. They just pretend they don't. 
    I agree with this. Definitely. Make sure your poem rhymes and has a sing-song flow to it. The longer the better. Riddles in poetry form are best. Make them figure out what you're trying to say. 

An alternative would be getting them monogrammed satin pjs with "groomsman" and your wedding date written on the butt. He'll definitely get a ton of use out of these.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Just ask them.  No need to be "cute" about it.
  • Options
    Lee+Andrew

I bought my girls personalized cards. It was cute, but in no way "a production." They all said it was something they are going to keep. I took each of them to lunch separately and casually handed them the card.
    ---
    tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
    RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Lee+Andrew

I bought my girls personalized cards. It was cute, but in no way "a production." They all said it was something they are going to keep. I took each of them to lunch separately and casually handed them the card.
    Inviting your bridesmaids to lunch is fine, but skip the keepsakes, gifts, cards, etc. and just ask them.
  • Options
    I got each of my bridesmaids a box with a candle inside.  On the lid of the box, it said "My wedding wouldn't be as bright (or as hot!) without you.  Will you be my bridesmaid?"

I'll see if I can find a picture.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards