Attire & Accessories Forum

Blush Wedding Dress

Hi Ladies! I am currently leaning more toward a Blush (pink) wedding gown. I wanted to see how you guys felt about brides who go against the norm of white/ivory. I'm a little nervous my family & guest will think it's "weird"

Also, if any of you have worn blush - is black too hardh for BM's dresses? I am having such a hard time picking a color for them.

Re: Blush Wedding Dress

• My dress is champagne satin with an ivory lace overlay. I love that it is not a "traditional" wedding dress color.  I also tried some on in sterling (very pale grey/silver) and blush.  If it makes you happy, do it.

As for black bridesmaids dresses, one of my friends is doing that because she wants to make it easy for her bridesmaids to find dresses they want to wear.  We both did the "I'll pick the color, you pick any dress in that color" thing.  Again, your day.  Do what you want.
  • I'm a traditionalist, so I prefer white or ivory dresses.

Have you seen wedding photos from 60's and 70's when the men wore colored tuxedoes?! Instead of a timeless photograph, they have something that is very era-specific.

A lady I know just wore a blaze orange ballgown on her wedding day last month. TBH, I think she looked ridiculous, but she was thrilled. You'll have to decide what's important to you in the long run.

To your other question, black BM dresses are perfectly fine.
  • I guess it really depends on your skin tone as to what color dress you wear.

The only non-white or ivory dress that I have really liked is the Lazaro LZ3108.  It isn't a pink color but rather a more peachy tone.

• Well I wore hot pink, so I'm a little biased, but I think you should wear whatever you feel most beautiful in. Also, it's pretty much impossible to have a timeless wedding, so I wouldn't worry about whether stuff will look dated. Even if you wear a strapless white dress, it will.
  • I wore a light pink dress at my wedding. It might have even been more pink than "blush", not sure. This was my dress (from BHLDN, the color was "Rose"):  http://www.bhldn.com/shop-sale/idelwild-dress-beige/productoptionids/37f716f2-64b2-4ac2-9598-d516a565451a 

You should banish any and all worries that your friends and family will think it's weird! You will look beautiful and you will be happy! Dress (and accessories) are IMO something it is ok to be all "Its My DAYYYY" about because as long as you are not being offensively indecent, screw the judgy people. And seriously, who criticizes the bride's dress.

Below are a few of my wedding photos so you can see how it looked in real life. I did not intentionally have my MOH in dark pink/magenta to make my light pink dress look more "white", but it did have that effect. I think your idea of black bridesmaid dresses would look really nice with a blush dress.

(NOTE: My wedding was a fairly casual
    park wedding and my dress wasn't too fancy, but I love how the more elaborate/formal blush dresses would look in a formal setting)

• My dress is ivory with champagne accents. I like blush colored dresses but depends on the style and the person's skin tone in my opinion.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lots of brides are wearing coloured gowns now.  I have no issue with it.
    Black bridesmaids' dresses would look nice.
  • I've seen girls really pull off the pink/blush tones so if that is You then go for it!  And I also think black is a great bm color because everyone can always use a LBD.  My friend did t-length black dresses and I later shortened it and have worn it so many times.  money well spent!

Anniversary
  • Thanks everyone! I'm not traditional by any means so going with a color other than white seemed perfectly fine to me - I've seen some albums of brides in blush and I just fell in love! I just wasn't sure how the older generation of my family would feel about it. I've been a bridesmaid twice and never got use out of that expensive dress again so I also think Black is perfect!

@rvg22 - incredible dress!

@emmyg65 - I love that you wore hot pink! I agree, nothing is timeless. All trends change.

• If your experience is anything like mine, some of your family members might have doubts, but they'll get over it. My parents were concerned that I might regret it. But as soon as they saw how pretty, and especially how happy, I looked on my wedding day, and how well the dress suited me, they knew I made the right choice and were glad I stuck to my guns.
  • SM xo said:

Hi Ladies! I am currently leaning more toward a Blush (pink) wedding gown. I wanted to see how you guys felt about brides who go against the norm of white/ivory. I'm a little nervous my family & guest will think it's "weird"

Also, if any of you have worn blush - is black too hardh for BM's dresses? I am having such a hard time picking a color for them.

I'm wearing blush! I can't imagine wearing ivory or white; I've never looked good in such light tones. Even my parents had no problems with my dress choice; they both thought it was beautiful, and they're fairly traditional! Anyhow, I think it's becoming more and more common, especially because blush/pink is a color that works so well with so many skin tones.

I don't think black BM dresses would look strange at all.
  • Blush sounds great for you.

Black would look fine on bridesmaids, but if you are worried about it being too harsh, you could always do a charcoal grey or something.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wore a blush dress! There is a pic as my avatar. My family and friends loved it, so maybe yours would surprise you. I think black would look good for the bridesmaids- if you are worried it may be too harsh you could always do blush (or any light color) flowers to soften the look. My bridesmaids wore charcoal and I thought that looked nice as well. People make a valid point that a colored dress may date your pictures eventually, but I personally couldn't envision myself in a "classic" dress. I mean really, my dress is trendy as hell- but I absolutely adore it and it's completely me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards