Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

ring vows

I met with the pastor Sunday and he asked us to choose our ring vows (since we are renewing our vows and he also likes to make everything as personal as possible). However, i cant find anything that i really like. 

I dont want to just stand there and say " With this ring, i vow to remember this day we renewed our marriage " 
Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

Re: ring vows

• I'm Catholic, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be, but here goes.

So, in the Catholic Mass, your vows can take one of two forms:

Priest (or deacon): Since it is your intention to enter into marriage, join your right hands, and declare your consent before God and his Church.

Groom: I, (name), take you, (name), to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

Bride: I, (name), take you, (name), to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

In dioceses of the United States, the vows may also take the following form:

Groom: I, (name), take you, (name), for my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

Bride: I, (name), take you, (name), for my lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

So, what you could do is use something like that, but alter the words. Say, "DH, eight years ago, we vowed to love each other in sickness and in health, etc., and we have held true to those vows. As we renew our promises, I reaffirm that with this ring, we were wed -- in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, in good times and in bad, for as long as we both shall live.

Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • We are fine on the actual vows (promises to each other), its just the ring part we are stuck on. 

At our wedding we werent given a choice, it was just " with this ring, i thee wed...sickness..heath, etc. This time the vow exchange I know im basing my vows/promises on what I have prayed about and been told but the ring part I was sort of thinking " I give you this ring as a constant reminder that God is in our marriage. " Because quite literally i picked his ring (titanium type with a cross) because we, finally after 8 yrs, figured out we needed God in our marriage and its because of God we are renewing our vows. :) 
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards