Michigan-Detroit
Options

AW Thursday

What do you have to AW about (big or small!) today?

Re: AW Thursday

• Options
    baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if this really qualifies, but my little brother went to a wedding a couple weeks ago (their colors were green and white, and mine are green and brown) and he brought me a box home with 20 centerpieces. I will of course change them a bit and add my own flair, but vases, silk green hydrangeas, etc. It was so thoughtful and SOOOOO helpful with our nothing budget! 

He really was my hero that night!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my hair and makeup trials yesterday.  I am really happy with the makeup.  I wear very little makeup on a day-to-day basis, so I wanted something fresh looking, and somewhat pink.  And that's what I got.

Hair I am also happy with the general look of; its an off-centered bun (more off-center than it looks in the front shot)).  I think I might part my hair on the opposite side day-of, because I think that might soften the look up (i.e., part and bun not on the same side of my head).  It'll also need more hairspray; it held pretty well yesterday, but I don't want it to move at all on the wedding day.

If anyone has suggestions, let me know!

Here are the pics:

Hair from back:

Side bun is on:

Side without bun:

From front/makeup:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am AWing Meegles and another really awesome friend who have offered to step in and help me with the last-minute wedding preparations.  It means so much that these ladies have offered to help me keep my sanity! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm gonna AW that i'm 9 days away from my wedding!!! It's crazy and I know everyone says this but I can't believe it.  I haven't really been able to eat or sleep and I'm really anxious and highly stressed out! 
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My aww today kind of comes out of a sad thing that happened to me. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had to pick out a new engagemnet setting because my setting had issues. We were finally able to go do that yesterday. The jewelry store had some power issues because of the intense heat. It was a sad day having to give back my engagement ring but I love my new setting. We also both picked out wedding bands which was a huge check. Also our wedding bands came in under budget which was the first thing to be under so big yeah for that.

Here is my new ring with the wedding band. Obviously, there is no center stone because they will be placing my diamond in there. I am excited to pick it up on Monday because I hate being ringless.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have no AWs as usual. But give me a couple weeks and I'll have engagement pics. Hoping for a big AW there!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No AWs for today.  I'm really pleased with our invites and my dress for our engagement session (and the fact that we're having the engagement session) and our new apartment.  But no pics yet because this week has been c-r-a-z-y.  I'll have to AW later.

Yay makeup and hair, Meg!  You look amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm going to AW it up today -

Had my second dress fitting and found a bustle I can actually live with :) Dress is still too big, but we're going to wait to alter until closer to the wedding.

The BM dresses came in and my sister got her's altered yesterday so I could see what it looks like - so beautiful! I should have bought one for myself!

My florist put together a mock-up of the centerpiece and linens and I l-o-v-e them :)

But no pics of any of this progress because I was lazy and didn't transfer from my camera...I'll have that done for next Thursday. Well, not my dress, I'm too afraid that FI has found TK and will see.

Finally! I had a day where the stars aligned and all WR stuff worked out just how I dreamed it would.

Oh - I just bought cute love birds to put next to the birdcage cardbox - I can PIP those...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I hit single digits in the countdown today!! :) Aaaand my awesome mom turned 50 today!
  • Options
    drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I GOT MY SHOES!!!!!

I have had my eye on them on endless for a couple of months. They started at $74, and last week the price went down to $52. When I saw there were only two left in stock in my size, I jumped on it!!

They got here today and they are AMAZING!!!!!!! I never thought that I could find a comfortable, pretty wedding shoe. First off, they came in wide, so they actually fit my flipper feet, which is really hard to find a shoe that does. And I really wanted a flat or low wedge, and these are perfect! (most wedding flats are super plain)

Not to mention, they are ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for my dress!!! Here is what my dress looks like: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Ball-Gown-Featuring-3D-Floral-Details-CWG322_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Designer-Oleg-Cassini

And next week, I'll be ableto AW my e-pics! They photographer said he'd have them back to us this weekend. If they are super awesome though, I might have to AW them before next thursday :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    INTERVIEW TOMORROW!!!
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Almost done with orgo!

Not really an AW but it makes me feel better thinking I'm almost done.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aw-thursday-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:41025a05-0c91-4133-876b-70aed03e8e82Post:33a96ad1-8942-4e0f-af0f-3d5d555eef09">Re: AW Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Almost done with orgo! Not really an AW but it makes me feel better thinking I'm almost done.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

No...this is definitely an AW!  Worst. Class. Ever.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bridal shower is Staurday so I'm pretty excited about that and to see everybody.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NWR but I guess will indirectly affect wedding planning :) Paid my car off today!!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NWR, and it's kind of bittersweet and crazy- Due to this wonderful state's higher education cuts, I got laid off today, but my supervisors really wanted to keep me, so they offered me a temp, 6 mo position making about 1.5x what I was making. No benefits or PTO kinda sucks, but since I'm under 26 I can get back on my dad's insurance til we're married, and I am way happy about making more money.

WR, I just got in 22 brooches for my brooch bouquet, courtesy of a fellow Knottie on the Classifieds board :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    249 Invited image
    200 Are Ready to Party! image
    49 Are Missing Out image
    0 Are Making Me Wait image
  • Options
    carpediem27carpediem27 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just booked our engagement photos!! October 2nd on Mackinac Island :) I am so excited! Now to start looking for clothes!

Also, this is my first AW!! Lol! And the first WR thing we have booked!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR: Booked our florist/linens (Wedding and Celebration Creations in Canton). Only big things left are DJ and cake!
    NWR: Post-doc search is going well. Have a phone interview tomorrow!

185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards