New Hampshire

Reviews 10/6 Part 2

edited October 2013 in New Hampshire

S. Liane Brown: Caricaturist – Day of Wedding Entertainment A++

Our original entertainment fell through the week of the wedding and my only other thought was to replicate something that worked wonderfully for a friend’s wedding – Caricatures!

I found reviews for Liane online and called her and she was available and happy to come. I felt her rates were reasonable.

She really was a special touch and we were glad everything happened as it did. Our guests were just elated and stayed till the very end. We hired her for 2 hours with the option of staying additional time if our guests still had a desire. She did about 16-18 faces/hour and there was so many people who wanted their portraits that we extened the time. She was entirely fun to watch and it created a lot of excitement. The majority of our guests (if not all of them?) were walking around with their cartoon selves, very happy and are still talking about it 2 weeks later.

The only suggestion I would have in the future is to have a sign up sheet instead of a line. People were so excited to have their portraits done and feared losing their place that the dance floor was empty for a while until people “saved” their places.  It worked out – just a minor note. We couldn’t be happier!

DJ Winshell Leguerre A – Brockton, MA

Win did an exceptional job as DJ and emcee for our wedding. My husband knew him as a DJ from previous events and knew he was the right one for us and he really was. He had great personality, was very affordable and experienced, and had professional equipment.

He came dressed in a suit and did both our ceremony and reception music. He played a great mix for our crowd of varied ages and interests.  I heard ALL of our “must plays”. He got up to teach people how to do dances (I have a whole video of him teaching my mother and 6 year old cousin the Macarena, the Cupid Shuffle etc…!). He really listened to what we said in our consultation and delivered. He did not have any cheezy or awkward games! We got many compliments during the wedding and after about how good he was. We couldn’t be happier!

Stonebridge Country Club – Goffstown, NH

LaserKrafts (Favors) A

Laserkrafts did my aunt and uncle’s wedding favors several years ago that were of the covered bridge in Jackson that they were married near. When contemplating the favors we wanted, we polled our friends and family and came up with either edibles or an ornament. We got the state of NH cut out of wood with a cutout that shows the Old Man in the Mountain and the year. They started by giving us a few samples in a few configrations that we picked from. They were very affordable, supplied with ribbon, and were done very quickly and of high quality. They also let me pick them up. Very pleasant overall transaction =)

Officiant – MK Entertainment Mike Koutrobis  (B-)

We hired Mike Koutrobis in February as a comedian for entertainment for our October wedding as he has a brilliant act that I saw at a gig about couples that I thought was perfect. We found out that he is also a DJ and officiant. We already had a DJ so we added him as an officiant and bundled services. The week before the wedding, he e-mailed me to advise that he won’t be able to provide entertainment due to a “family issue”, but he would perform the ceremony.

I was bothered that communication was via e-mail and not phone call as it left me feeling vulberable. I called the following day to confirm. I was also annoyed  that as per our contract, he did not offer to arrange a substitute an entertainer of similar experience.  I was thankful that I did not utilize his DJ services but was scrambling at the last minute to find a replacement. He also removed the bundle discount and advised the balance for the full cost of his officiant service. 

He was a very good officiant otherwise. He came to the rehearsal and provided excellent guidance. He arrived to the wedding well-prepared and had an excellent delivery. I appreciated his delivery and content. He was also very flexible to accommodate our last minute written vows.

Dance Choreography – Alton Dance Academy, Alton, NH

We just had an amazing experience with Ashley  working to choreograph a dance for our "first dance" for our wedding. She is respectful, patient, fun , creative, affordable and very skillful with choreography. I highly recommend her -especially for couples who want something unique, have special circumstances, or might prefer learning how to move together without having to concentrate on specific dances.

The groom is a wheelchair user and I am entirely uncoordinated so we had difficulty envisioning our special wedding moment and asked Ashley for help. She immediately had creative ideas that played off our personalities, abilities and comfort level. Over 4 sessions this month, we built on dance moves for our song until we had a routine and she encouraged us to add our own influence along the way.

We had so much fun working with Ashley and learning how to move together and are sad that our sessions are over because it was such a great experience!

Our first dance was a hit, our guests thought it was a nice surprise that was very sweet and emotional!

Goldenrods, Manchester, NH - Rehearsal Dinner Catering Food  A

I had never thought of Goldenrods for catering platters before but had some excellent food at my uncle’s house at an event earlier this year and kept the idea in the back of my mind for our rehearsal dinner. We had the dinner at a home and had chafing dishes ready. 

Goldenrods had the platters available hot and right on time in aluminum pans that I could just insert into the chafing dishes. They stayed warm  and of an appropriate texture the entire night. We ordered chicken tenders in regular and spicy, lasagna, bacon wrapped scallops, spanakopita triangles and something I can’t remember right now. The food was great and we had lots of complements. It was also incredibly affordable. I fed 20 people for under $200 and had a lot of leftovers.

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Re: Reviews 10/6 Part 2

• Thank you for taking the time to write the reviews. Glad your day was amazing!
  • Your welcome. I was married before with less amazingness. Most of these vendors I knew about from The Knot Reviews that people raved about over the years and I had collected them for this one. Figured I'd pay it forward even though the review tradition on here seems to have fizzled from 7 or 8 years ago.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • I love reading the reviews, I wish this board had more people posting!
  • It used to. I planned my first wedding in 2005-07 and this place was hopping. 2 people that I met on here were in my bridal party and most of the girls are still friends.

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards