Arizona-Phoenix

Where are you getting married?

Ok so I found the perfect place Concord Place! But i changed my date due to my school schedule to Jan 1, 2011 (i know cute huh?) But Concord Place is booked! So now im back at square one......anyone have suggestions? Where are you getting married?

Re: Where are you getting married?

• CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Starfire at the Scottsdale Country Club (http://www.sccweddings.com).  It's a lovely venue and surprisingly affordable.  I'm especially excited to have an amazing wedding coordinator as a part of the package!

You may find a lot of places are already booked for New Year's.  Personally, I would start with the venue and choose an available date.  It sounds backwards, but letting go of my initial (and admittedly arbitrary) date opened up a lot of options for me.

Good luck!
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Val Vista Lakes in Gilbert. 

Beware of getting married on New Years.  Weddings over holidays tend to be more expensive because of the high demand.  You might find that the bartenders, alcohol, and catering are especially high.  Your rehearsal dinner would be on New Year's Eve, which might be difficult to coordinate in a restaurant. Also, guests sometimes don't like to travel during that time.  New Years flights and hotels can get pretty pricey.

Just some things to think about.  Sorry for being such a downer :(
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Troon North.  Like PP stated, I found the venue I loved and then picked the date based on that.  I booked a year out and they only had one Saturday in the spring open, so I am glad that I did not have my heart set on a particular date!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at McCormick Ranch Golf Club

You could do their outdoor venue in January, I think a lot of people use it in the winter (I believe the cieling has heaters built in).

I also found my venue then changed my date to one that was open at the venue. Sometimes you gotta choose between your fav venue and your set date :(
  • applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at TreBella in Mesa! It's super swanky with a modern feel...both indoor ceremony and reception events.  The inclusive package is an amazing deal!!!

I agree, I had to change my date too based on availability! 

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am also getting  married at Starfire like Celes.  Amazing venue with great prices.  One thing to caution you on is that they max at about 85 guests for a seated dinner.  But, if you are having 85 or less, I would check it out!

As for the New Years date... I agree with PP.  Just make sure that you take everything into consideration. 

We also picked the venue and then the date because it was hard enough to find a venue that we liked!
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • sms274sms274 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Arizona Grand (formerly Pointe South Mountain). Although you may find a few things a bit pricier I think a NY wedding sounds fun. I have seen some relaly fun pictures from NYE weddings. Holidyas can be tricky, sometimes they run more and somethimes they run less, depending on the holiday, venue and vendor. Before sticking firm to you 1-1-11 date, maybe ask aroun to some vendors you know you may want and see if their prices vary for a NY wedding... good luck :)
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm at Val Vista lakes as well.  If you give us an idea of your budget and what area you are looking in, we may be able to help with venue ideas.
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Regency Garden in Mesa.  Extremely affordable and gets wonderful reviews!
  • edited December 2011
    Just a warning about Jan 1.  We were originally going to get married on that date, but a couple of the venues we contacted said that it would be at least twice the cost (and showed us quotes for the differences in a holiday date vs non-holiday).  I was pretty disappointed because that is outrageous.  I'm sure not all venues will be like that though.  

We decided against it and chose a different date, which will hopefully work out better anyway.  We're getting married at Troon North.  I would really consider discussing with the venue you like what dates are available since it sounds like you really love it :)
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at Tre Bella. I love the modern urban feel of the venue and think Kim is fabulous!
    Thier all inclusive package is amazing and as far as I can tell there are no premiums for events on certain dates. Mine was the same price regardless of the date chosen. We picked October 30th because it was the last Saturday open in during the time of year we wanted.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at a church, but our reception is at The Waterfront in Tempe. It's gorgeous! I definitely reccomend it! www.waterfrontparties.com
  • edited December 2011
    We are having the wedding ceremony at Portico in Gilbert and the reception at Serrano's in Chandler...
    Started TTC July 2011 Dx wt Infertlity NOS Aug 2012 RE appt Sep 2012
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Western Skies GC.  There prices are very affordable and they are not based on dates.  Same prices all year round.  Jim is great and very accommodating.  The golf course is a great back drop for beautiful pictures and the reception area is laid back, perfect for a fun party!
  • I think we're signing with the Royal Palms tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards