African American Weddings
Options

KNOTTIE OF THE WEEK @Lovelylove84

Lovelylove84 Its your turn honey..... KOTW you are up!
*copy and paste in this thread...*

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: KNOTTIE OF THE WEEK @Lovelylove84

• Options

YAY it's me!!!! =)

1. First Name & Fiance's First Names
    Sherelyn & Rory

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age
    24 & 33

3. City Born In?
    Hoboken, NJ

4. City Live in?
    Ol' little country town named El Dorado, AR

5. Where did you go to college?
    A sidity University, lol Nova Southeastern University! I'm a shark ;)

6. What was your major?
    Performing Arts! Major in Dance, Minor in Theatre

7. What is your current job?
    Working behind a desk doing nothing but processing applications for Foodstamps and Medicaid =(  DHS

8. What is your dream job?
    Having my own Community Center for the Arts!

9. How did you and your fiance meet?
    We met in the church house! My church in FL was having one of our annual conferences and he just so happened to be one of the speakers for the weekend. We've been inseperable ever since!

10. When did you get engaged and how did he do it??
    We got engaged over Memorial Weekend. May 24th to be exact. I took a chance and applied for a job in the city where my fiance lived in and actually got the job on the spot. Great, but unfortunately that gave me only a week to pack my stuff and say my goodbyes. My mother was off from work so she was already home. My fiancé flew down from Arkansas so he and I can do this roadtrip together to my new home, so I had just picked him up from the airport and brought him to the house. He asked me if I remembered where we had our first date. I couldn't remember the name but I described it well enough that he knew what I was talking about. It was Houston's by the water. So he said lets go do lunch there with my mother and baby sister. I didn't think nothing of it because quite frankly, I was hungry =) So we went to Houston's and had a lovely lunch. The weather was gorgeous. I asked if we can go walk on the boardwalk or side walk they had right by the water. He smiled at me and said "of course". As we're walking I wanted to stop and take a picture with him with the gorgeous water background. After my mom took a couple of pictures I was satisfied enough to be ready to go home. He insisted that we go ahead and just walk to the end to see what's over there. Well, the end of the walk was literally a dead end. We took another picture on my phone. After my mom snapped the picture I grabbed my phone back and started looking at the picture. I noticed my mom grabbed her phone and I asked her if she was trying to take a picture of us again. She casually played it off and said no she was taking a picture of the water. Yup, I believed her. I started say that we were at a dead end and that we had to turn around. Next thing I know, my hand was grabbed and my fiancé was bringing me towards him. He started to say, "some dead ends mean new beginnings".... as he was getting down on one knee. I seriously couldn't keep myself together. It was about time! LOL

11. When is the Wedding Day?
    The wedding day is now March 29th

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?
    Ceremony and Reception will both be in El Dorado. I Originally wanted it back home in FL, but the cost for a wedding in El Dorado is seriously much cheaper then Davie/Ft. Lauderdale. Ceremony will be at our church, reception at the new conference center.

13. What are your wedding colors?
    Most of you already know, but for those who don't... Purple, Aqua, and White/Creme

14. Where are you honeymooning?
    Good question!  Definitely out of the States.  Possible Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  I'm actually letting him decide

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
    My photographer. She's amazing.  She has done the photography for my Fiance's Concerts and she captures the most authentic pictures ever

16. Biggest wedding splurge?
    Probably the food.

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
    A photobooth.  I love them and think they would be great, but they are expensive.... and being that I live almost in the middle of nowhere, the least that company would have to drive is an hour and 45 minutes. Not sure I want to pay for that mileage??

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?
    Errrrbody's!  I seriously love weddings.

19. Favorite book?
    My new read called, "The Power of a Praying Wife" (and I sure did get him the one for husbands =P)

20. Favorite movie?
    Thus far???  Ummm I have so many. I'm an action/drama/comedy type of chick so the only one I can think of off the top of my head was avengers.  Yes, Avengers.  And I'm so excited for Avengers 2 that comes out next year.  But I am looking forward to Best Man 2 coming out next month!

21. Favorite tv show?
    Lawwwddd.... Once Upon a Time, Scandal, XFactor, Pretty little liars (yes), Criminal Minds... the list can go on

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?
    Mori Lee, Maggie Sottero, and of course Ms. Pnina Tornai... just can't afford her lol

23. Any advice you can give?
    Communicate, communicate, communicate with your Mr.  And not only that, but take the time to listen too.  Three things that can destroy a relationship/marriage are communication, finances, and sex.  I've come to learn that a man won't understand you, comprehend you, read into your feelings or emotions... until you communicate with them.  As much as we really wish they could read between ALL the lines and know exactly when we're mad, sad, and happy... they can't. Me and Fiance communicate about EVERYTHANNNNGGGG. No, really.  Good, bad, indifferent, gross, funny, sad, spiritual, political, etc. It has helped us be able to retain what was a 3 year long distance relationship, and has made us the best friends that we are.  But we also need to learn how to sometimes just shut up and listen. Please, unscrunch your eyebrows. We as woman communicate/talk way more then our men, but when they do talk... we need to just listen. I promise you, if you just take the time to hear them out, you'd understand their logic of whatever the topic is... even there feelings. You'd be surprise to realize where there might have been a misunderstanding or even a fear that is just taken out of proportion. Just try it.  They may be absolutely wrong, but at least you listened to him and can explain based off of what he just said why he is wrong or misunderstood.  They can't help but agree or listen some more than!

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?
    Probably the location.

25. Share something about yourself!
    I am a Jesus lover, lover of all things girly, I can look like a different ethnicity everyday... today I was told I look Hawaiann ( but I'm really Puerto Rican/Colombia/African American/ and French), Performing Arts is my life, I traveled to Africa in 2007 and want to go back, betty crocker in the kitchen, high heels are everything, and I have 2 "sisters" that are really my bff's, one younger brother, and sister that is 1 - - - yes, momma started alllllll over

Thank you all!  I was so excited to see my name next to KOTW!!!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Lovelylove84 Its sooo nice to get to know you better... You and your FH seem to be a perfect match thats what love is all about and the proposal story was soo beautiful ^5 to him for setting it all up. I thought about a photobooth myself but im like i honestly cant afford it so ill pass on that one but they are very nice to have at a wedding you get to capture photos you might not have gotten with your photographer. If you could do it id say go for it honey! And i swear i never heard of ElDorado, AR lol... i was like where is that again lol!!!!! And yes your words of advice are right on point we all need to communicate with each other but also listen... Listening is the key to making a relationship work! Again Congrats and sooo nice to meet you!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    @misstira Awww thanks hun!  You can get to one end of El Dorado to the other in about 25, the max 30 minutes lol. To put it in perspective, it's 4 hours away from Dallas, 5 Hours away from New Orleans, 4 Hours from Memphis.  Of course there are closer cities that are about an hour or two away, but you may not have heard of them! LOL 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Aaawww ur my Knottie BFF!! Long distance relationship. We even like the same kind of movies..lol. I'm going to see the Best Man 2 by myself. Advengers is awesome and lawd Thor...need I say more!! I switched my work schedule to be home Thursday's nights...LoL. Will be buying that book, thanks for the tip.

Your relationship and wedding plans sound beautiful. Happy Wedding and nice to meet you.
  • Options
    I loved reading about your proposal.  Happy Wedding!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations! Thank you for sharing! Your proposal story was so sweet. Did your mom get a good picture?
  • Options

@cidefi You'll enjoy the book! And Thor....Good Lawd, Yes! That is one man! ;) LOL

@NilDap2014 Thank you!

@Senecaf My Mother actually recorded the whole thing! My icon picture is a screenshot we got from the recording!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Haha duh. Now I see your picture, love it! ...yall wearin aqua in the pic
  • Options
    That was really sweet! All the best :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey Sherelyn! nice to meet you! your proposal story is thebomb.com! he did not bust out with a motivational speech! LOVE IT!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    thats is so cool.. it is very nice to meet you.. i think that might have been a great move to have the wedding in your new town..... wow you have a 1 year sister.. that cool .. thanks for bring up that book I think I am going to look that up... Im so nosey how did you end up in EL DORADO>. that sounds small..lol

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

@LeciaB I ended up in El Dorado because of the Mr. I applied for a job here and I got it. So I packed up and moved. I was so ready to finally have a relationship, versus a long distance relationship LOL.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Sherelyn it's a pleasure to meet you  

That proposal was fiyah.  Loved it!

and this'n here:

Please, unscrunch your eyebrows.

guh, you betta preach!  been done said a whole paragraph and never opened my mouf.  lol!!
  • Options
    @sultryzulu LOL  I figured!!!! I would've done the same!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    How do you change font colors??
  • Options
    Heeeyyyyy @Lovelylove84..nice to met you! Awww love the propsal story so sweet ! I loooove your wedding date...its my bday !!!! Lol

My colors were purple and teal (aqua)...I used peacocks thru out my decor..love it (color twin)

Girl I can't wait for the Best Man Holiday to come out love love love the movie !

Girl..yes your advice..can't say it enough ! (Unscrunch that brow)
    Thanks for the Christmas gift idea...that book will be under our tree this year !

Happy wedding planning !!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome to the board...I have been in lurking mode but I loveddddddddddd your proposal!
  • Options
    How do you change font colors??
  • Options
    cidefi im not sure if you can do it on anything but the computer but above the box you type in its a icon to cange the colors of your words...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Oh ok. I use my phone a lot. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards