Chit Chat

Feel weird

So I took my engagement ring off when I took a shower this morning. I was in such a rush to get dressed and get out of the house to do errands before work that I forgot to put it back on. I of course noticed this about 5 blocks away from work and there definitely was not time to go back home and get it. So all day I have not had my ring on and it feels weird. I can't wait until work is over so I can rush home and put it on.

Re: Feel weird

• I hate those days when I do that. 
    Anniversary
  • Last month my FI and I drove home from an out of state wedding. It was still morning when we got home cause the wedding was only an hour or so away. We decided to go out to lunch, and as we were walking out the door I realized I didn't have my ring on. I ran back inside, fearing that I had left it at the hotel that morning (i also take it off when I shower). Luckily it was still in the little ring box I keep it in when not wearing it, so I put it on and went out to the car where FI was. His reaction? "Really? That's what you forgot inside? It's ok if you went out to lunch and didn't wear it, you know..."

Boys just don't get it...lol!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lol no they don't :)
  • LOL my boy is the opposite. FI pouts when I forget to put it on. I've gone without it to work, grocery shop, beach etc. and it just feels so weird. My finger feels lighter and lonely :(
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I felt that way when I had to have it serviced and didn't have it for a day!
  • I'm the same way!  I took mine off to shower once before bed, forgot to put it on, and I couldn't sleep without it on.
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • I used to feel that way. Then I got my wedding band and now I never have that feeling. I never take it off, but don't always wear my engagement ring.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Lavender123Lavender123 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2013
    I forgot mine once really soon after he proposed and my FI wouldn't go back :( I felt like hey, how are people going to know we're engaged without this... I want eeeeeveryone to know! I always take it off to sleep or shower though when i'm at home - keep it on if staying somewhere unfamiliar in the fear it'll disappear somehow.
  • I forgot my ring the other day and had to turn around and go get it (lucky I was only at the corner so it was possible to go back and not be late).  I had forgotten one other time and it was horrible, I kept freaking out when I would touch my hand and had to remember that it was just at home. 

Anniversary
  • I never take my rings off, so this isn't a problem, heh.

• PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    I have a mini panic attack when I look down at my finger and it isn't there. I usually take it off to clean dishes and shower (terrified of losing it down a drain). FI always notices and asks why I'm not wearing it and smirks at me because he knows where it is normally. He looks at my ring all the time. He's so cute!!! Excuse the gushing!!!!
  • My FI jokes that I care about my ring more than I care about him! My ring was my grandmother's engagement ring and my grandfather had it custom designed. It was made around 1930, and I'm not really sure that they make the hand-cut Old European cut anymore. I guess I am a bit paranoid that if I lose the ring or the diamond, we wouldn't really be able to replace it 100% "authentically"... (if that makes any sense) lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @casey8784

My ring was my grandmother's ring too. :)

• I feel the same way when I forget mine!  I always take it off to shower, and it's part of my morning routine to put it back on.  But if I shower in the middle of the day or before going out at night, I'm more likely to forget it.  I'm convinced I have bad luck if I forget it, and I feel so weird all day.

I've also noticed an actual correlation with how much I get hit on in NYC bars and whether I have my ring on or not.  I'm not kidding.  I also get drinks from bartenders a lot faster when I forget my ring.  Sometimes the attention is nice but then I feel instantly guilty, like I have to do this whole explanation to the guy that I'm engaged, I just left my ring at home!  If anybody has seen the How I Met Your Mother episode when Lily is "invisible" once she gets engaged, and the bartenders completely ignore her-- it's like that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• It's true, I completely agree - guys have commented on it in conversation, it seems the really notice (more so than girls!) It's so nice not having to worry about excuses etc. just a quick flash of the hand and unwanted attention disappears like magic!
  • It's true, I completely agree - guys have commented on it in conversation, it seems the really notice (more so than girls!) It's so nice not having to worry about excuses etc. just a quick flash of the hand and unwanted attention disappears like magic!
    My friends told me the other day that when I am getting hit on I start moving my ring hand to plain view. I start resting my face on my hand and putting it in sight of the guy hitting on me. I didn't even realize I was doing this! Makes them back off pretty quickly. :D
  • Why dont all of you put some type of reminder by your door or in your car? 
  • I'm constantly taking mine off because it's an opal stone and you aren't supposed to get it wet for very long or use lotion/hand sanitizer...it drives me nuts when I forget it! There's been a few times I've had FI run it to me at work if he's doing other errands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards