March 2014 Weddings

Am I behind?

I keep wondering if I'm not getting things "done" on time.  I had to do some things (like the food tasting) way early because my fiance wont be back in town until the wedding so it's making me feel like I am over prepared sometimes.  Tell me if I'm late on the things I have not arranged:

1. Hair/Make-up
2. Cake
3. Invitations (just need to print these then assemble)
4. MOH and Bridesmaid dresses
5. Wedding gown alterations
6. Shoes
7. Groom, best man and groomsman tux (I know the supplier, though)
8. Hotel block of rooms

Pending:
1. Officiant (I want a military wedding, so the AF base near here is looking for a Chaplin closer to our area to perform)
2. If we do get the Chaplin, then I'd like the Honor Guard

Done/Deposits down:
1. Venue/Food selection
2. Flowers
3. DJ
4. Photographer
5. Save the Dates (got them out a little past the 6 month mark)
6. Linens (finalizing on Friday)
7. Wedding Gown

Besides the wedding web site (that I still don't think I need), what am I missing?  Am I behind?

Re: Am I behind?

• I keep wondering if I'm not getting things "done" on time.  I had to do some things (like the food tasting) way early because my fiance wont be back in town until the wedding so it's making me feel like I am over prepared sometimes.  Tell me if I'm late on the things I have not arranged:

1. Hair/Make-up
    2. Cake
    3. Invitations (just need to print these then assemble)
    4. MOH and Bridesmaid dresses
    5. Wedding gown alterations
    6. Shoes
    7. Groom, best man and groomsman tux (I know the supplier, though)
    8. Hotel block of rooms

Pending:
    1. Officiant (I want a military wedding, so the AF base near here is looking for a Chaplin closer to our area to perform)
    2. If we do get the Chaplin, then I'd like the Honor Guard

Done/Deposits down:
    1. Venue/Food selection
    2. Flowers
    3. DJ
    4. Photographer
    5. Save the Dates (got them out a little past the 6 month mark)
    6. Linens (finalizing on Friday)
    7. Wedding Gown

Besides the wedding web site (that I still don't think I need), what am I missing?  Am I behind?

HI!  I'm not sure when your wedding date is, but I bolded some of the items that I would take care of ASAP!  Bridesmaid/MOH dresses are typically ordered (unless you buy off the rack at Macy's etc) and can take time to arrive.  You may want to get this taken care of ASAP so that way they aren't rushing to get alterations done, etc.  You should definitely contact your cake baker asap as well.  I have our appointment in December for our March 15th wedding.  They need at least 3-4 months notice of what they need to prepare for, etc.  I'm not sure about you, but ours is part of our venue contract and they suggest going 3-4 months ahead to make sure they can book us, etc.  

Your wedding gown alterations should start fairly soon.  I would start on that come mid-december early January.  Also, you may want to set up your hotel room block now, that way if you have people coming in from out of town, they can book early as to keep from doing it last minute, and having the block be sold out, etc.  

Seems like everything else is pretty much on schedule.  Good luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Thank you, wedding date is 3/30/14 so a little after yours.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards