Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father/Daughter 80s song

Hi Ladies,
     I'm trying to find a great father/daughter dance song from the 80s. I've tried googling what was popular for father/daughter dances back in the 80s but with very little luck. My dad is one of those guys who kinda never got out of the 80s so I think it would be really appropriate. I'll ask him for ideas too, but I know most of his favorite songs are about sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll which wouldn't really go over that well. Any ideas would be great!

Re: Father/Daughter 80s song

• chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i dont know if these work for you, but some suggestions

-just the way you are - billy joel
    -when i see you smile - bad english
    -two steps behind - def leppard
  • edited December 2011
    My friend & her dad actually used 'Good Night My Angel' by Billy Joel.... its a song Billy Joel wrote for his own daughter.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• i am in search of a song for my uncle and i to dance to at my reception. i dont want a father daughter like song though. i lost my father 2 years ago and my uncle is like a second father to me. every song i listen to for this dance reminds me of my dad. im having a hard time finding the right song for him and i to dance to id like some suggestions please. .
  • eguthrie08-how about you got a friend in me, by Michael Buble .
  • what about footloose its not really a slow song but its very fun i know when i was a small child footloose was my favorite song when it came on the radio my dad had to crank it up for me my mom suggested me and my dad dance to it but he wants something more slow
  • Some suggestions...

You Make My Dreams Come True - Hall and Oates
    Say You, Say Me - Lionel Richie
    Up Where We Belong - Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes
    Only You - Yaz
    Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
    I Just Called to Say I Love You - Stevie Wonder
    Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds
    Greatest Love of All - Whitney Houston
    Glory of Love - Peter Cetera
    Stuck With You - Huey Lewis and the News
    Heaven Is a Place on Earth - Belinda Carlisle
    Sweet Child O Mine - Guns N' Roses
    Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx

• I'm looking for a song from the 80's to dance with dad to on my wedding too. 
    I love the suggestion of the Stevie Wonder song "I just called to say I love you"! My dad and I used to sing that song together when I was a little girl. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.
  • The Pretenders: Forever Young

• Depending on your relationship with your dad, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" could be absolutely hilarious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards