40-Plus Brides

Romance Question.....

All,

Hope you don't all think I'm a little "off"!!!   I LOVE my man, I really do, I love the things about him that make sense in a relationship, I love that he has the virtues and morals that I adore (I even broke up with him for about 4 months and tried dating other guys but I ended up comparing them ALL to him!)   BUT and here is the BUT, there are no rose colored glasses "Oh I feel all squishy inside" feelings when I am with him.  But that would be super hard to know cause we haven't lived on the same CONTINENT in 3 years and have had about two visits a year the longest in 2011 for three months.  I will get to visit with him just a couple of weeks before the wedding.  I think it would be downright crazy to pass up this man, in fact a bestie girlfriend and her 22 year old daughter agree and have both known me for almost two decades agree  (They know him well too.)

So the question is have you ever done anything that brings back that squishy inside all romantic feeling???

Thanks for not judging!

Blessings,
Michelle.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Romance Question.....

• Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2013
    When you get with him a few weeks before the wedding, schedule a meeting each week with your officiant, and let your officiant take the lead on directing you two as a COUPLE on how to transition into your newly married life.
  • it is hard to feel all squishy when you don't get to see him.  My fiancé and I faced the same issue though it was not distance.  it was work schedule.  Now that we are living in the same house, we spend more time together and feel closer ever day
  • Good luck! I'm in somewhat similar situation, in that, with our work schedules, sometimes we won't see each other for a month or more, then see each other for maybe a day or two, then don't see each other again for weeks. Right now, we've actually both been home at night for the last 3 weeks, so we're enjoying it as much as we can, knowing that sooner or later (probably sooner), we'll be separated again. To get that special feeling, we just do little things for each other. Hope things work well for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards