Flowers

pick my bouquet!

melbelleupmelbelleup member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
edited October 2013 in Flowers
Okay, so I'm really indifferent between two bouquet looks. I will be using carnations (as I said in the carnations thread)

I really like the look of both the white and purple flowers. I would have more white than the picture below though:

http://globalrose.com/Merchant5/graphics/00000001/car_purwht_bride.jpg

white: http://globalrose.com/Merchant5/graphics/00000001/car_white_bride.jpg

My girls will be having the mini moon carnations in all the different shades mixed into one bouquet. The guys will have the darker purple as their boutonnieres.

http://flowermanblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/dayton_bridal_show_booth_2011_311.jpg

What would you do? I can't decide if I want the multi color look or if I want the plain white. Right now I'm leaning towards plain white, but I keep going back and forth...
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: pick my bouquet!

• I think the plain white may get lost in pictures with a white dress behind it all the time. 
  • I think the plain white may get lost in pictures with a white dress behind it all the time. 
    That's what I was thinking at first when I was thinking of my bouquet which is why I liked the purple and white look. But at the same time I feel like it's too busy?
  • What about doing all purple? 
  • What about doing all purple? 
    I don't like the look of it since the BM will be with all purple.
  • Have you considered giving your BM's white flowers. I'm doing  dark red for my flowers, but my BM's will carry ivory because their dresses will be dark red. My dress is ivory so basically we'll be the opposites of each other. I hope that makes sense.
  • The white might work if you have the green behind it like the picture.
  • I prefer the first bouquet.
  • Have you considered giving your BM's white flowers. I'm doing  dark red for my flowers, but my BM's will carry ivory because their dresses will be dark red. My dress is ivory so basically we'll be the opposites of each other. I hope that makes sense.
    I actually had this discussion with my FI last night haha. I was thinking maybe I could do the multi purple one and they could just do the lightest purple. I think I'm now leaning towards the first one with more white and the purple ones not being so bunched up. LOL. I'm so indecisive. This is the worst for me as far as it goes for wedding planning.
  • What about you carry a bouquet of the darkest purple roses and then let them carry a mix?

I personally love purple carnations over any other color carnation.  For some reason purple carnations just look fancier to me, but I can't stand the carnations that are bi-color, like the purple on the edges and white in the middle.

You carry the darkest purple and then you could have a mix of all the purple colors including the darkest for your MOH and then leave the darkest color out and have the other BMs carry a mix of the 3 lighter purples.

• What about you carry a bouquet of the darkest purple roses and then let them carry a mix?

I personally love purple carnations over any other color carnation.  For some reason purple carnations just look fancier to me, but I can't stand the carnations that are bi-color, like the purple on the edges and white in the middle.

You carry the darkest purple and then you could have a mix of all the purple colors including the darkest for your MOH and then leave the darkest color out and have the other BMs carry a mix of the 3 lighter purples.
    Oh I like that idea!!!
  • I love the all purple! I'd carry that one and give the BMs the all white ;-)
    Whatever you choose they are all gorgeous. I never would have thought of carnations before you brought them up, but they look awesome and unique! GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

Whatever you choose they are all gorgeous. I never would have thought of carnations before you brought them up, but they look awesome and unique! GL!
    Haha I never thought of carnations either until my florist and I were brainstorming purple flowers after the other quote she gave me was too high for my liking.
    Haha I never thought of carnations either until my florist and I were brainstorming purple flowers after the other quote she gave me was too high for my liking.
    That's why I ended up at the grocery store! All my flowers cost less than the quotes for just my bouquet from the florist shoppes! Hooray for cost-effect flowers! =o)

• melbelleupmelbelleup member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2013
    So it took me forever to find a picture, but something like this:

http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/97532/Purple_Carnation_Bouquet_1.jpg

I think I'd still like the green around it like pictures in the all white bouquet. It gives it some decoration.

ETA:
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f7/90/3c/f7903ce2efd2fe669fae4ee5823f6022.jpg
    That's why I ended up at the grocery store! All my flowers cost less than the quotes for just my bouquet from the florist shoppes! Hooray for cost-effect flowers! =o)
    LOL My mom keeps bringing up the idea of just buying bouquets from Sam's Club the morning of.......Needless to say, I keep saying no. Actually, after my florist and I decided on the mini carnations when I go to Walmart I always see them in the pre-made bouquets. It makes me happy to actually get to see them in person.
  • edited October 2013
    I love the all purple! I'd carry that one and give the BMs the all white ;-)
    LOL My mom keeps bringing up the idea of just buying bouquets from Sam's Club the morning of.......Needless to say, I keep saying no. Actually, after my florist and I decided on the mini carnations when I go to Walmart I always see them in the pre-made bouquets. It makes me happy to actually get to see them in person.
    I'm not quite that cheap - even tho I wouldn't fault anyone who did do that! =)
    The grocery store floral dept made the bouquets, per my specifications and they looked awesome. Granted two of the people working there had worked in really floral shops previously. My sister got her flowers there too. A 10 inch gerbera daisy bouquet with finishings and satin wrap was only $15! It was crazy cheap!

ETA LOVE the dark one in the latest photo! Gorgeous!

• I love the all dark purple bouquet!
  • I don't care for the purples and white together, I think the contrast is too stark...

I like the shades of purple mixed and the all white much better.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I did all white with a little pop of color from berries.  I prefer white over colored bouquets for the bride.  When I see a bride carrying a bright bouquet, my eye is drawn to that bouquet first, when really it should be the bride.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards