Snarky Brides

Super rant!

Not sure if I'm being silly.
I Booked an appointment 3/4 weeks ago at a lovely dress shop for my bridesmaids to try on! I have 2 bridesmaids and a maid of honour. 1 bridesmaid couldn't make it and let me know just after I'd booked the appointment. The other's were really excited, as was I. I'd seen a beautiful dress that I hoped to maybe purchase.
Anyway me and my MOH arrange for her to come to mine at 11am, get the train at 11:45 to the shop (she has to get a bus to my town which is an hour long and run every hour, so she had to get the 10am bus to be here in time for the train). I finish my night shift that morning, get home, rush to get ready and everything. Texting my bridesmaid seeing if she's ready to meet us. I also text my MOH with no reply. I'm sat waiting for her to get to mine and nothing. Half an hour passes after she should of arrived and I get a message saying "I'm really sorry I didn't get in til 4am". That's it. I replied back saying I'd rearrange and haven't heard anything since. We had it arranged for 3/4 weeks and she barely says anything when she doesn't turn up! UGH.

Re: Super rant!

• PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    That's pretty frustrating when there is an appointment set. Have you talked to her about her life lately? Why was she out until 4am? Did something happen? Was she at the Hospital? Did she have a bad night?

My point being maybe the set appointments seem a little demanding. Did she set up the appointments or did you? Maybe let her set her own appointment? She may feel a bit overwhelmed with the demands...

Edited: By demands I mean she may perceiving them as demands and imposing even if they are not.
  • I can definitely see your frustrations in that.

But on a different note.  Its awesome to see another bride on here that works night shift!

• Hahaha she was out getting drunk.
    I made the appointment with the shop as you get free stuff haha, we all had the day off and fancied shopping so that's what we were going to do.
    I booked the appointment after finding out when everyone was free and we went from their. She has no issue with the appointment, she was extremely excited actuall, she knows I'm a no nonsense tell it how it is sorta person, so feels she can tell me if she doesn't like something..but to be fair, my husband to be bet me that she wouldn't turn up as her arriving on time for anything is sometimes impossible.

Hahaha yes indeed! Although it's not always fun working nights x
  • Hahaha she was out getting drunk. I made the appointment with the shop as you get free stuff haha, we all had the day off and fancied shopping so that's what we were going to do. I booked the appointment after finding out when everyone was free and we went from their. She has no issue with the appointment, she was extremely excited actuall, she knows I'm a no nonsense tell it how it is sorta person, so feels she can tell me if she doesn't like something..but to be fair, my husband to be bet me that she wouldn't turn up as her arriving on time for anything is sometimes impossible. Hahaha yes indeed! Although it's not always fun working nights x .
    Well in this case it is all her fault and also pretty inconsiderate of her! Sucks she doesn't stick to start times!!!!
  • I know. All her message said was "I'm really sorry. I didn't get in until 4am", so I replied with "I'm gonna rearrange I'll let you know when for" and haven't heard anything since. Yeah, we may not of ended up buying that specific dress which they were trying on, but we could of found the one for them which I could miss out on, you just never know. Her message didn't seem that apologetic to be honest x
  • That's really crappy. I think an apology was necessary for her poor planning and lack of attendance. :( Hope it goes better in the future.
  • People are just rude. I hate when people think they are soooo freakin special that my time is worth less than theirs is and that is what someone is saying when they don't have the courtesy to show up on time or at all. The least someone could do would be to call! She was obviously up enough to text you once and then not again? What is she a man who knows he is in trouble?
  • That was rude, especially not to have any kind of follow-up as if it didn't matter at all. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I know, I got "I'm really sorry I didn't get in until nearly 4" and haven't heard anything really since. :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards