North Carolina
Options

any mason jars??

Does anyone have any mason jars they are wanting to sale/get rid of for a cheap price? Looking for blue tint large sized mason jars! Or any info on where I can find them really cheap?

Re: any mason jars??

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Check out Michaels. They've always got the 50% off coupon going.
    You can also check the wedding classifieds board (on the left).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh, I'm an expert on blue mason jars since I'm using them for the centerpieces in my wedding!

If you want the large jars, check out the flea market at the state fair grounds (if you're in the Raleigh area). Or I think any flea market in any area will be a good place as well. I've gotten a total of 5 large blue mason jars there over the past couple weekends. They range from $5 - $20+ depending on the rarity & condition. I haven't paid more than $10 for any jar.

For smaller sized jars,I plan on trying THIS tutorial to make my own. It's a heck of a lot cheaper to buy a case of plain jars and paint them then it is to buy antique blue ones. Mix them in with the real vintage ones and no one will be able to tell!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They have them on Etsy and some on Amazon. If you go get the ones at Michaels (really good pricing), here is a tutorial on how to make them blue:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would try Hobby Lobby if there is a location close to you. If not you can always check their website to see if they offer it and have them shipped to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/2011/03/guest-project-make-diy-painted-mason.html

this is the tutorial i used to make my blue mason jars.  i bought them at k-mart, as they had the best prices around here.  it was super easy and they look great!  i was so excited about them!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards