• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
December 2010 Weddings

Videographer Contract

I reviewed a prospective contract last niht nd found something I didn't like so I am not confirming this contract.

There is a stipulation that in the even that there is a legal dispute, I have to agree to settle it in Orange County. If you haven't seen enough about OC on TV, it is in SoCal. I am in NorCal and so is my wedding and the videographer is based about 10 minutes away from where I live, all in Alameda County. Doesn't make any sense for me to make this agreement. IDK if this videographer has a parent company based in SoCal or if this is intended to discourage me from suing as it would cost me half of what I am being charged just to go down there to have my case heard.

I would like a feel for what you ladies think and what your contracts say.

I emailed him that we have a deal if he takes that out but IDK if that is a red flag and I should keep looking, regardless if he is willing to remove that stipulation. If the intent is to discourage me from exercising my legal recourse then I think that is a dirty trick and won't be able to trust him.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Happily Married Since December 18th, 2010!!

Re: Videographer Contract

• Was he based in OC in the past and just didn't update his contract? I would just talk to him about it. That is kind of strange though. 

Way to go for actually reading your contract though. 
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • Good thought AKG....it didn't even cross my mind that he may have relocated. I guess another possibility is that he may have used another business' contract and forgot to customize that part. There are non-nefarious reasons for this stipulation.

And thanks for the kuddos.....I do some real estate business so I HAVE to read the entire contracts. I guess this was a good habit to get into :)
  • wow - good pick-up!  find out why it's in there and listen to what they say.  I think it's probably innocent, but you'll have to wait and see.  
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • I'm glad you read the contract and found it, but hopefully there wont be any legal problems!!!! Keep your eyes out!
  • All is well....This was a template and he hadn't caught the OC thing. It's being removed as we speak :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards