Wedding Party

Maid or Matron of Honor?

tammym1001tammym1001 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited October 2013 in Wedding Party
My MOH is divorced. Would she be considered a Maid of Honor since she's technically not married or a Matron of Honor since she has been married before?

Re: Maid or Matron of Honor?

• I would ask your friend what title she would prefer.  

But she would still be considered a matron since she had been married before...if you want to go the traditional route.

• She has been calling herself "Maid" so I'm assuming that's what she would prefer. I was mostly just curious for the program what she should officially be called or if anyone would think it was weird to use maid.
  • As a divorced woman, I can tell you that I'd personally prefer to be called "maid" because I would be single again. I know that's not correct, but it's what I'd prefer, lol.
  • I just did a quick google search and found this

"Once a woman is married (divorce is not an issue) her title would be matron of honor. The best analogy would be to consider that a woman never goes back to using Miss after being married."

Not saying I agree or disagree just thought that it is an interesting way to look at it.

• She has been calling herself "Maid" so I'm assuming that's what she would prefer. I was mostly just curious for the program what she should officially be called or if anyone would think it was weird to use maid.
    There's your answer then. Her comfort should be more important.
  • You can alwasy make up a title name if you and/or her cant choose or want something different. BTW I'm using Mrs. Of Honor bc I just dont like the word "Matron"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards