May 2014 Weddings

What Flowers Are You Using

I'm new to this board. We were originally planning to get married in October so I started in there's but because of not really caring for the flowers that were available for fall we changed it to May. I would love to hear what flowers you like, what kinds you'll be using, what colors anything that you would love to share because you never know you could help inspire another bride!

My florist gave me list of spring flowers and the ones I sent back to her that I like were:

Peonies!
Anemone
Ranunculus
Lisianthus
Gladious
Hydrangeas
Dendrobium Orchids
Roses-Malibu
Sweet William
Stock

I told her I really like the look of purple, hot pink an cream flowers. She will be making sketches of the designs she comes up with and I can't wait to see them! For your bouquet are you doing all white or colored? Are you having your BM use the same flowers as you just a smaller bouquet? I love to hear what all you are planning!

image 125 Invited So Far
image 26 Are Ready To Party!
image 0 Will Be Missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: What Flowers Are You Using

• Congrats & welcome to May2014!!  We chose springtime as well because of the flower selection and nice weather (hopefully no rain!).  My main three flowers I asked my florist for are peonies, hydrangeas & roses - mostly light pink & blush tones. He's also going to include some stock & spray roses to fill in the centerpieces.  My bouquet will be pink & white peonies and my bridesmaids will have all pink peonies.  Roses & hydrangeas will be in the centerpieces- we are doing half high & half low centerpieces because the venue has such tall ceilings that we need some more dimensions on the tables so that everything doesn't look so flat.  Here's the photos I gave my florist to use as a guide of my vision:

bride: 

bridesmaids:

tall centerpieces:

low centerpieces: 

and we are also going to have a flower petal aisle, something like this: 

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm using roses and hydrangeas. I haven't decided on specifics yet though.
  • I'm using miniature calla lilies and stargazers
  • Mainly hydrangeas and queen anne's lace. My bouquet will be mainly green while my bridesmaids will be more blue.

Anniversary
  • Congrats! I am planning on having my bridesmaids carry a smaller version of my bouquet. I am going to use baby's breath and delphinium. Here is an idea: what I did is I got a general idea of what flowers I wanted to use and how I wanted my bouquet and centerpieces to look like (same flowers). I went to Michael's craft store and bought a couple of stems of the flowers I liked and just worked with them to see if that is what I wanted. I figured if I didn't actually like it then I would have just spent $12 on something I don't need and I won't be unhappy on my wedding day lol. Good luck!
  • I am doing mini calla lillies in white :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ecotracs, that is a really good idea about michaels. I personally love gerber (sp?) daisies, lillys and tulips. So those are my main flowers. Thankfully my future mother in law is a big flower person so she will be a huge help with this
    Anniversary
  • Peonies are beautiful!

For bridesmaids/centerpieces, i'm doing babys breath with a few pink spray roses. Pink spray rose flower crowns for the BMS, and pink peonies and babys breath for my bouquet. We're on a limited budget so i'm ordering online, and a friend has offered to arrange.

• Paper flowers for us! I have boxes and boxes of roses I have been making. I just need to paint them :)
  • I REALLY wanted anemone- just beware, they are expensive. They are beautiful, but tends to hike up the price drastically.

We are using hydrangea, lisianthis, roses, hyacinth and baby's breath

Good lucjk and congrats 
  • Our colors are red and grey, so naturally all of the floral arrangements will have to be red. :)

I, as the bride, will be carrying a bouquet of white miniature cala lilies. (My favorite flower).

My bridesmaids will be carrying bouquets of red peonies.

The groomsmen will have red carnation boutonnières.

The MOB/MOG will have pin ons of freesias to match their outfits.

Our cake will be topped and arranged with cascading red peonies.

Centerpieces will be wine bottles with an assortment of red spring flowers. (Red peonies for one table, red Gerbera daisies for another, red dahlias for another table, red carnations for another and so on.)

The red peonies are still up in the air because our May 24th wedding is VERY early in the season for that assortment of peonies.  If that's the case, we will do some minor tweaking.  Obviously all of the accents and accessories will be in grey.

We will use silk flowers for our wedding arbor, but I'm not sure what flowers I will choose for that. 

Good Luck ladies!

• Peonies (whites and blush)

and cabbage roses.
  • daisies...yellow and white!!
  • hi! How do you get that timeline in your signature? Thanks!
  • I'm using Lilacs, Tulips and Rosemary!
  • I'm so excited, we've actually just figured out our flowers today! This has been a huge stress for me... I didn't know if I wanted real or silk, and had no idea what TYPE of flowers to use! I feel so absolutely relieved. Most of the flowers we are using are "summer" but we were told we should be okay with a May 31st wedding. We are using: lilies, roses, alstroemeria, and mini cosmos.
  • We just got our flower proposal on Thursday night and we'll be having our second meeting in the next week or so, and I'm ridiculously excited! We're going with warm pink, coral, peach, and blush tones with a bit of ivory and lavender and a lot of greenery. Right now, we're talking about using parrot tulips, garden roses, amaranthus, peonies, sweet pea, succulents, astilbe, antique hydrangea, scabiosa pods, ranunculus, and leucadendron. I'm also lining the aisle with masses of baby's breath and putting up two baby's breath wreaths on the doors of the stone Carriage House where our reception will be.

• After meeting with a florist friend, I actually changed my mind! We are now using white roses with cornflowers aka bachelor buttons!
  • I'm using pink gerber daisies for almost everything. And blue hydrangeas for my bouquet. Our colors are pink and blue and I really wanted my bouquet to stand out. My MOH is having a bouquet with pink and blue gerber daisies and the moms are each carrying a single daisy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards