New Jersey

Photos

Hi 

I just recently got engaged two weeks ago and I booked my venue already go me!! I was wondering if anyone can recommend a photographer in the central jersey area that is reasonable and could include a package deal with engagement photos. Thank you!

Kristen   

Re: Photos

• What's your definintion of "reasonable".  And what do you want to have included?  IMO, you have to spend about $3k to get a good quality reliable photographer plus engagement session plus other things.
  • I would love to have it under 1,500 I am on a budget and do not want to spend 3,000 dollars which is what half my venue costs lol. 
  • I would love to have it under 1,500 I am on a budget and do not want to spend 3,000 dollars which is what half my venue costs lol. 
    Well, let's hope those photos last longer than your food.
  • I agree with @Gordo2014.  I wanted to stay under $1500 myself and I soon realized that everyone under that just didn't have the best quality or provided very generic photos.  We reworked our budget and now we are spending $2500 and thats not including an album.  Thankfully we can upgrade after wedding to a package with an album.  But we can also make an album ourselves, its just a tedious process that I would like to avoid if I could.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have to agree with @50ShadesofMe....We wanted to have photography under $1500 but couldn't get it that low, no matter who we contacted.  Even the photographers who will give you rights to the photos, etc.  We went with Scott Castor of Masterpiece Studios.  He is right in Hightstown, not far from your venue.  Look him up and tell him I sent you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • If you want to spend that little for photography, you'll probably have to go to Craigslist.  You'll find them there but they're not professionals, they're probaby not insured which means your venue may not let them work there, and it's a big risk.  Photograhy is one of the things we were willing to spend more on to get good quality.
  • Gordo2014 said:
    If you want to spend that little for photography, you'll probably have to go to Craigslist.  You'll find them there but they're not professionals, they're probaby not insured which means your venue may not let them work there, and it's a big risk.  Photograhy is one of the things we were willing to spend more on to get good quality.
    I don't think Craigslist is a good idea, because A) there are a lot of scammers out there that will take your money and run and B) they aren't professionals and don't have insurance.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Thank you ladies for all your help it is so hard to stay on a budget! 
  • We are using Justin from http://www.justinpedrick.com/ his packages start at $1600.00. We are spending $2350.00 and getting engagement session. He is in Northern NJ, so you might have to travel a little to go see him, but he goes all over and don't think there is an extra charge for the travel. Check his website his work is wonderful. We had originally booked a photographer in Fair Lawn, NJ and were going to pay close to 5k, they took pictures at our engagement party and they were horrible nothing they said was true, thank goodness we only gave them a $500 deposit which covered the party. So we were ecstatic when we found Justin. If you want more info pm me.
  • Not true at all. Our photographer was Jamie Bodo. We couldn't do a engagement session, because we are from Texas, so she knocked the price down for us, but I do remember the price being under $1500. I cannot express how happy we are with Jaime and how well our pictures came out. First off, we had never met before, but she was so easy to work with and made us feel completely comfortable. She had asked me to send her sample pictures I liked from pintrest and made sure to take all of them for us. The day after our wedding she sent us a preview slideshow of some of our pictures. We got married Novemeber 1 and already have the disc of about 900 pictures. So I can assure you she is very dedicated to her work. I can send you the link to my pictures if you would like. I highly, highly recommend her, you will not be disappointed!!

• I see nothing special about the last two photographers mentioned. Their work looks like anything a skilled novice could do.
  • I guess that's your opinion because I am extremely happy with my photos and have gotten numerous compliments.

• I dont think the last two photogs are horrible they are more of the traditional kind. It's not what I envision for my photos but some ppl like or want that for their pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards