Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Joint Bachelor(ette) party

My FH and I have decided on a joint bachelor(ette) party for a couple of reasons. We are hoping this can save $ but the main reason is to have everyone get to know each other better so it isn't awkward on the big day (I don't even know one of the GM). Everyone thinks it will be a lot of fun too.
We want to do a weekend get away and rent a house that way we're all together. One night we'd party together and the next night separate so we want somewhere that has things to do in town (bars, clubs). It would be in Feb. I don't really want a ski resort b/c I don't ski and prob be $$. We prefer to have a house and not hotel rooms so we're not separated.
We were thinking of renting a beach house in/near Ocean City, MD so it is cheaper since its off season. But now we are worried the town might be shut down and there not be anything for us to do. My FH said there are places to rent in DC or Northern VA which is where we live. DC nightlife is really $$ though. Any ideas for weekend BP?

Re: Joint Bachelor(ette) party

• Options
    My FH and I have decided on a joint bachelor(ette) party for a couple of reasons. We are hoping this can save $ but the main reason is to have everyone get to know each other better so it isn't awkward on the big day (I don't even know one of the GM). Everyone thinks it will be a lot of fun too.
    We want to do a weekend get away and rent a house that way we're all together. One night we'd party together and the next night separate so we want somewhere that has things to do in town (bars, clubs). It would be in Feb. I don't really want a ski resort b/c I don't ski and prob be $$. We prefer to have a house and not hotel rooms so we're not separated.
    We were thinking of renting a beach house in/near Ocean City, MD so it is cheaper since its off season. But now we are worried the town might be shut down and there not be anything for us to do. My FH said there are places to rent in DC or Northern VA which is where we live. DC nightlife is really $$ though. Any ideas for weekend BP?
    It's inappropriate for you to plan your own bachelor/bachelorette parties.

• Options
    I never said we were planning it.  Brides and Grooms can have a say of what they want to do.  He and I wanted to give the BM an idea since this isn't the typical party.  BM does not live near us therefore he has no idea what is around so we wanted to say okay look for houses here or there.  Or we wanted to see if anyone else had ideas to share. Thanks.
  • Options
    It's really not appropriate for you and your FI to decide that you want to rent a house out of town for your bachelor/bachelorette parties.  Has anybody actually offered to host a joint party for the two of you?

• Options
    The BM already said he was going to throw this party but wanted to discuss the options with us but HEY thanks for your concern.  We were just looking for ideas for joint parties.
    Anyone else have constructive ideas? Thanks!
  • Options
    If the BM wants to throw a weekend long party, I wouldn't shy away from a beach town. I'm not familiar with Ocean City specifically, but my friends and I often go to Cape Cod in the winter and have a blast. A few places stay open and there are no crowds.
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2013

Cramming into a rental house isn't my style, so I can't really give suggestions as to that.

In terms of major cities, I've enjoyed DC, Boston, and Philly nightlife...but I've always stayed in hotels. Downtown Denver was pretty fun. San Diego, San Antonio, too.

Destination bachelor(ette) parties can be really expensive, too. What's so bad about going out in DC?

• Options
    melbelleupmelbelleup member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
    The BM already said he was going to throw this party but wanted to discuss the options with us but HEY thanks for your concern.  We were just looking for ideas for joint parties.
    What about virginia beach or outer banks? I know it is really cheap off season. I live in NC currently by both of them. I know virginia beach nothing shuts down as I was on the boardwalk from oct-may before it really picked up. There's a lot of clubs down there and restaurants and stuff to do :)

ETA: Last Feb I was still wearing flip flops and t-shirt too! It was about 50-60 degrees this past winter.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    DC nightlife is really expensive, let's rent a house. Oh that make sense.
  • Options
    Xstatic3333- thanks for the suggestion!

itzMS- Our friends went to another weekend b-party and there were enough rooms for each couple so there are houses out there for enough of us hopefully! haha Nothing is really wrong with DC but bars are expensive.

melbelleup- I'll suggest VA beach thanks!! 
  • Options
    I am in the process of trying to plan the same type thing for my sister and FBIL... they got engaged pretty quickly after meeting and we have a pretty large wedding party (10 on each side) the BMs and GM dont know each other at all and we are trying to figure out a weekend bonding party for every one to meet and have fun! initially i was thinking vegas..stay in the same hotel but have different suites for the girls and guys...meet up at the pool during the day have lunch/drinks together and when evening rolled around go our separate ways and have a proper bachelorette party while the guys do their own thing. However, after working the numbers i think this idea is going to be over budget for our group. Now i am back to square one and probably thinking of doing something similar to your idea...renting a large vacation house somewhere for the weekend and going out separately at night... only concern I have for our group is that most of the WP have SO's that will not be invited to this weekend "get to know you" party and might be uncomfortable with their SO staying in a house full of the opposite sex for a weekend... maybe that is a silly concern to have but who knows? I think I might feel weird if my husband attended something like this....we'll see though. I am going to bring the idea up to my sis and see if she likes it
  • Options
    LOVE IT!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards