Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Who can walk the bride down the aisle?

My fiancé moved here from Thailand 8 years ago. Both her father and brother passed while she was living in Thailand. Her mother and sister won't be making the trip here for the wedding(we'll be going there next year for a Thai ceremony). Her MOH just decided to separate from her husband, he is the only male figure she had in her life that I thought would be close enough to her to possibly walk her down the aisle. She asked last night if her MOH could walk her down the aisle, i feel like this is a little strange and might take some of the attention off my bride-to-be. My best lady suggested my dad walk her down the aisle, again I think this is a little weird and she would be better off walking alone. looking for thoughts or suggestions on this. We aren't exactly having a traditional ceremony, i have a best lady and are having a friend officiate. We are also doing a first look and picture before hand if that helps.

I'm stumped.

Re: Who can walk the bride down the aisle?

• Options
    My fiancé moved here from Thailand 8 years ago. Both her father and brother passed while she was living in Thailand. Her mother and sister won't be making the trip here for the wedding(we'll be going there next year for a Thai ceremony). Her MOH just decided to separate from her husband, he is the only male figure she had in her life that I thought would be close enough to her to possibly walk her down the aisle. She asked last night if her MOH could walk her down the aisle, i feel like this is a little strange and might take some of the attention off my bride-to-be. My best lady suggested my dad walk her down the aisle, again I think this is a little weird and she would be better off walking alone. looking for thoughts or suggestions on this. We aren't exactly having a traditional ceremony, i have a best lady and are having a friend officiate. We are also doing a first look and picture before hand if that helps.

I'm stumped.

Ask your bride what she wants. I'd choose either my MOH or your dad. If she wants to walk alone, that's ok too.
  • Options
    This is not your concern. Let your bride decide. Walking with her MOH will not take away from her. 
  • Options
    Anyone the bride wants can walk her down the aisle.  It's strictly up to her.
  • Options
    I like the idea of her MOH walking her down the aisle. She can also walk by herself, or you and she can walk down the aisle together. In short: anyone can walk the bride down the aisle. It's her choice.
  • Options
    She could always walk herself down the aisle.
  • Options
    She can walk with whoever she wants or no one if she wants. Even brides with lots of options of male relatives decide to walk alone. It's a personal preference and her decision to make.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

She should be able to walk down the aisle alone or with anyone that she wants to.

My dad died when I was 9, so I cannot even consider having another man walk me down the aisle.  We are still working out the details, but we may both have our young (under 3) nephews walk us down.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards