Maryland

Tea Barn Elkton

Okay so my fiance and I finally managed to book the Tea Barn in Elkton, thanks to lots of patience and persistence.  We are working from out of state and can't just drop in whenever we'd like, so I was hoping a former Tea Barn bride might see this and be able to help.  We're mostly trying to figure out details about the tables and chairs that are provided.

We have a few questions:
-Did you use the tables and chairs provided?
-If you did, how did you set up the tables?  (we're curious how many can fit if lined certain ways)
-Did you rent chair covers?
-Who was your caterer?
-Did you hire a day-of coordinator?

Any help would really be appreciated.  We have seen the venue in person, but without being able to set the tables up then, it's hard for us to try and plan seating and imagine how the tables can actually be laid out.  If any former Tea Barn brides have photos of the tables provided in their setup, that would definitely help!  All we really know is that the tables seat 8 and there are enough to seat 125.  We have a certain layout drawn up, but we don't really know if the tables will fit that way since we don't know measurements and haven't seen any photos that actually used those tables (everyone we've seen has rented out circular tables)...we'd really like to use the tables they provide so we can cut costs on rentals.  Thanks!

Re: Tea Barn Elkton

• We are getting married on September 14th at the tea barn.  We do have a day of coordinator from K&B bridal (they are awesome) We are renting chairs for the outdoor ceremony but we are using their chairs inside during the reception.  We actually bought the linens, it was cheaper then renting, from LinenTabelcloth.com.  And we are using Laurrapin Grille out of Havre de Grace as our caterer.  

We are using the barn's tables and we are butting them up against each other in 3 long table lines to still give us room to move around.  

• We are getting married on September 14th at the tea barn.  We do have a day of coordinator from K&B bridal (they are awesome) We are renting chairs for the outdoor ceremony but we are using their chairs inside during the reception.  We actually bought the linens, it was cheaper then renting, from LinenTabelcloth.com.  And we are using Laurrapin Grille out of Havre de Grace as our caterer.  

We are using the barn's tables and we are butting them up against each other in 3 long table lines to still give us room to move around.  
    Wow thank you for all the info!  We have Laurrapin on our list of potentials :)  and we'll look into K&B!  Right now we're waiting to hear back from A&M.  And that definitely helps to know how you're doing your tables.  We weren't sure how many could fit up against each other in a line!  We like the idea of long tables because we don't have to split up families and such that want to all be together.  Thanks so much!

• Any tips on booking the Tea Barn? I know you have to be the first to call 1 year ahead of time. The lady told me if I want this upcoming weekend for next year that I have to be the first to call this Friday. I am not sure that my luck is that good. What was your deposit? Thanks Ladies!
  • @PeaceAtLast sorry just now seeing this!  You have to call on Mondays to book them.  They're there at 8am, so that's the earliest you can call (although if you're a little early, a park ranger might be there and hold the phone for you until the women get in...he did that for us).  Only thing is, if someone is there in person at 8am, they get priority over someone who is calling in.  I'm from MD, but moved to GA, so we definitely had to call in.  To book the weekend of August 8-10th 2014, we called August 12th, 2013, because it was the Monday after the weekend that we wanted the following year.  The only months that are actually competitive are May, June, September, and October because they don't have heat or air conditioning in the building so people want the perfect weather months.  Also, they require you put down the full amount when booking, so it's $400, plus a non-refundable $10 reservation fee.  If you also want the paddock field next to it, that's another $150, but you don't need to pay that part up front.  Hopefully this wasn't too late to help you out! 

• I with my sister just went to a wedding there it was so nice, with the fall leaves, I had saw your post a few weeks back on this, Wanted to share with you it was great,,Loved the staff everything about it. They used Dean and Brown for catering,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards