Wedding Invitations & Paper

Need advice on thank you cards

Ok everyone, I need some clarity here. I just ordered 200 thank you cards thinking that I could use them for the Engagement Party, Bridal Shower, and Wedding. My FMIL just told me that I should do a different card design for each occasion. The thank you card is actually blank with a simple design. I'm going to write a personal message on each card for each person. FMIL thinks that if the card is the same (design), it will seem insincere. I didn't even realize that cards need to be different in design and this thank you card is part of the design I'm using for my invitations and save the dates.

So what is the proper etiquette here? Should I throw out 200 cards now?

Re: Need advice on thank you cards

• I don't think it is insincere or against etiquette to use the same thank you cards for different wedding related events.
  • I have no idea why your FMIL would have such an idea.  Some people use nothing but monogrammed stationary for everything. People are interested in the content, not the cover.  Use every last one of those 200 cards!

Feel free to send FMIL 3 different cards if that will make her feel better about your appreciation.  As far as the rest of your correspondence, she does not need to know what you decided to do.
  • Your FMIL is crazy. Maybe if you wrote the exact same message each time it would seem insincere, but if I got the same card for the shower and the wedding my only thought would be "guess she bought these in bulk!"

Seriously no one cares what the cards look like.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    Nothing "insincere" about using the same card for different wedding-related events.  It's the message that the card contains that counts, not the card itself.

Does your FMIL work for a stationer?  I can't think of any other reason why she'd care-or why anyone would care.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards