May 2014 Weddings
Options

Let's Talk Themes. :)

Just curious to see what kind of themes you are all thinking about (if you're choosing a theme).

Ours is going to be concert themed. We spend almost every weekend at some kind of local show, and have a couple of our band friends wanting to perform at the reception. Should be pretty fun. :)

Sooo, what are you all doing??

Re: Let's Talk Themes. :)

• Options
    We're getting married at a place called Maple Hill Farm, so we're for favors we want to do maple syrup. This all lead us to the possibility of the theme: tree's. There's a cake idea on pinterest that is a white birch tree idea with the groom and bride's intials engraved in the cake. That's all we have so far.
  • Options
    d2vad2va member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    As far as "theme" Im going for colors more... but I love GLAM and GLITTER!! 

So, gold, champagne, white and black are my mains. Im still deciding if I want an emerald color in the subtle... but I dont know.. merp.  
  • Options
    We are doing a Buterfly theme with the colors being Malibu blue, Regency Purple, and Canary yellow. 
  • Options
    At first I was thinking of a color theme(Coral, gold)and grey) but I think I'm going with a Parisian Theme!
  • Options
    We're doing Pink Rose/High Tea!

In my family each girl has a rose thats supposed to represente her mine is pink tea rose!!- Hence my theme!
  • Options
    Ours is a night time garden party
  • Options
    kenschmkenschm member
    First Comment
    as of right now we are wanting to a wine themed wedding - we both love wine and are wanting to work bottles into the décor as well as fake grapes, maybe some barrels, etc. We are going to use wine bottles as guest books so that we can keep them and display wherever we live !
  • Options
    We are getting married at a botanic garden, so we are going for a romantic garden wedding - soft pinks, whites, blushes and navy blue with tons of peonies, roses and hydrangea!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Champagne, Wine, and Roses.

The colors will be champagne and wine (with some other neutrals in there like ivory) and the flowers will be roses. We are also going to do bottles of wine as favors and a champagne toast of course. I'm still thinking of other stuff to do.
  • Options

I saw a book at B&N recently that sums up my vision:  rustic chic.  My vision was inspired by a reception table that I saw on a venue website.  It was a white table linen with a burlap runner.  It was simple, yet classic...I love it.  Our colors will be sage green and browns, and I want to incorporate burlap at the reception, and maybe with the flowergirl basket and ringbearer pillow.  My centerpiece idea is little white and/or yellow flowers in mason jars, and wrapping the mason jar with a strip of burlap, then wrapping that with a sage green ribbon/bow.

Any ideas for incorporating burlap for pew bows?  (We are getting married in a Catholic Church, which is so beautiful inside that we won't need to do much decorating for the ceremony.)

Thanks!

• Options
    My theme is Rainbow/Sprinkles!  We're using 6 colors (Fuchsia, Orange, Blue, Purple, Yellow and Green).  Girls are wearing the same dress in different colors, guys will each have on a matching tie.  Each table will be in a different color & we're incorporating sprinkles from the wedding cake I've seen on Pinterest.  That was my main inspiration.  Sprinkles aren't cheap so to offset the cost I've been dying rice to match the 6 colors and using them as decorations (in vases, votives etc) around the reception!  Here's to hoping it all looks awesome and not like a circus! :) 
  • Options
    We're doing a vintage 1920s art deco theme.  Colors are Tiffany blue, with creme/white accents
  • Options
    We are doing rustic themed with coral sprinkled a little everywhere. It's y favorite color. Haha .
  • Options
    I'm really inspired by the colors of midsummer night's dream- peach, pink, green, gold. That's what my outdoor ceremony will be based on with lots of flowers (probably paper ones because I'm on a budget!) & greenery. The reception will be simple, but elegant with white and gold as the color scheme.

• Options
    Our theme is rustic! We are using mason jars, burlap, twine, slices of wood, lace. With colors of purple, hot pink and cream.

image 125 Invited So Far
    image 26 Are Ready To Party!
    image 0 Will Be Missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    @kenschm We are doing a little wine theme as well. We are using wine bottles with tea lights underneath as table numbers, and having wine glasses with floating candles as part of centerpieces and using corks for place card holders. I know when you think wine people tend to think fall... But I think we can make it work :) we're using bright pink, yellow, and mango ribbon on the bottles.
  • Options
    Our theme is tropical. Our colors are pink/fuchsia and orange. All of the flowers are tropical flowers. The arch will be covered with green vine and tropical flowers and the centerpieces will have tropical flowers submerged in water with candles :)
  • Options
    We are having modern vintage theme. We are getting married at this adorable historic chapel. Our colors are gray, yellow and we are incorporating chevron. We are going to also be using wine bottles in different shades of gray for our centerpieces with yellow flowers. I have purchases vintage cake stands, candle holders and other accessories to add to the vintage look.
  • Options
    Unofficially I think my idea for our theme is midsummer night's dream--we are doing red and purple for our colors, and our reception is at a pond (on his grandmother's property).  My dress is very fairy-like, fitted bodice and flowing tulle bottom.  I am planning on stringing a TON of christmas lights, candles etc. throughout the trees.  We are also having floating candles on the pond.  The table decorations are going to be mismatch vases and glass bottles/jars painted or with ribbon holding the flowers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our wedding is going to be at a local lodge and there is a stage in the middle of the dance floor and there is also red chairs. We met in high school theater so we decided to go with a theater theme, partially inspired by Phantom of the Opera, but mainly theater in general. 
  • Options
    Red and black too. 
  • Options

We are doing a vintage glam-inspired wedding! 
    We are getting married at my home church (which is old, but not terribly vintage), but our reception is going to be in a ballroom of a historic building in our hometown.  Part of our vintage theme includes a jazz band to play at our reception and an old Jaguar getaway car! Colors are purple, silver, and green.

• Options
    @lizpanjian - That sounds so beautiful with all the candles and lights around the property and the pond!  We're getting married at a botanic garden and I just found out that they have lanterns we can use to put around their lily pool where the cocktail hour will be!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are going for either a really subtle jungle theme or subtle space theme (or a mix of the two). We definitely want it to be subtle.

Hopefully next week we can get a venue mostly locked down and I can start focusing on this sort of stuff more.

@smolli88 a jazz band sounds awesome! I would love that.
  • Options
    Our "theme" is shabby chic.  Lots of creams and neutrals with pops of dusty pinks and tiffany blues.  
  • Options
    Thanks!!  We are super excited about it :)  I love the old jazz standards!

@smolli88 a jazz band sounds awesome! I would love that.

• Options
    We are having a baseball theme.  We're getting married at the stadium where FI proposed and have some baseball touches.  The men will have baseball player figures in their boutineers, our ring bearer will be holding a glove instead of a pillow, the tables at the reception will each be a different team and the favors are cookies shaped like baseballs with our monograms.  We wanted something no one else we knew had done and I cannot wait.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    klburke88klburke88 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    We sort of have a country/farm theme going on. We are getting married on a beautiful farm in Southern Maryland. The ceremony will be outside, under a huge oak tree, right next to the owner's restored 1800's farm house. The reception is being held inside a beautiful barn. There's twinkle lights inside, and gorgeous fireplace and mantle, and outside there's a firepit (for smores!) and lawn games, like cornhole and croquet. Here's a picture of the barn!
    My bridesmaids will be wearing blush pink with gold shoes, and I've been spray painting and glittering mason jars with gold for centerpieces. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @klburke88 your venue is BEAUTIFUL.  i love the glitter/gold you're talking about incorporating. and the lawn games!  i'm planning on having those too 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards