Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Use caution when selecting photog and videographers

What do you have left when the wedding is over besides your new spouse and many happy memories?  

A dress that you will probably never wear again and hopefully many beautiful photographs to document this special day.  

My advice to anyone in selecting a wedding photographer or videographer is to choose this vendor based on:

• The quality of their work that you have seen (not just their two best shots, but they should have albums available online or in person)
  • The price--> don't let this be your primary motivator!! It is too important, you will be sick after the wedding if you skimp on the pictures, unless you really have no interest in having pictures of your wedding day.  
  • Recommendations from friends or family or other brides who have used them: this is the most reliable source of information
  • Lastly:  Your gut feeling of how trustworthy the photographer is. If he/she seems like a diva, beware! 
Keep in mind that once the wedding day is over, they have you by the, um---huevos. they have the pictures, and your money. At this point, it is up to them to deliver.... unfortunately, if you have not negotiated dates when the photos and or album should be ready, they will basically get to the editing and revealing process, at their leisure. You really have no room to pressure the photographer or upset them because, let's face it: They have the upper hand and you are at their Mercy.   Put as much into your contract as you can think of!!! Including rights to the digital negatives.
Read the small print!!!!   If you don't understand it, ask what it means.

Signed:
my photographer's got me by the balls.... :(

Re: Use caution when selecting photog and videographers

• Another thing to consider is personality.  You will spend more time with them than anyone else on your big day, so it's important that you get along.  You want someone that you genuinely like by your side.  Also, someone you know is there because they care about you and your day.  So important!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards