Nevada-Las Vegas

Little White Chapel of the West

I think I am changing my venue to this chapel.  Does anyone have any experience with it?   Also, am in need of a reception venue to just do Cake, Dancing and open bar for 2 hours.  I do not live anywhere close to Vegas so any help is appreciated :)

Re: Little White Chapel of the West

• Do you mean A Little White Wedding Chapel or Little Church of the West? (Unless I'm mistaken and there is a little white chapel of the west)

If you mean Little Church of the West I'm getting married there in about 3 weeks so I'll be able to provide you with some experience.

• Yes the Little Church of the West :)   We want to do that and then rent the DDB's for photo shoots throughout Vegas.  We want to end up somewhere for Open Bar, Cake and Dancing :)   Where are you doing your reception?   Congrats on the upcoming wedding.  How exciting!!!!
  • Awesome! And thanks! I will PM you later today with my experiences with them so far and some info.

We're having our recepetion at Nine Fine Irishmen (New York New York). I have info for that as well if you're interested at all, its an Irish pub.

• Ri Ra or Hussong's might be good options for inexpensive open bar, cake, dancing.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Ri Ra looks very cool.  Where is that located?   I also like the Nine Fine Irishmen.   Was that expensive?
  • Here's the info I got from NFI. FI and I went there last time we were in Vegas and had a blast. They have quite a few options for food and drink packages. We have a four course dinner for $65 a plate and 3 hrs of open bar for $57 a person. The person I've been speaking with is Cindy, she just took over for another lady and is a bit busy right now catching up on everything I guess so sometimes it takes a day or so to get a reply. Overall she's been very accommodating though.

"Mezzanine & Balcony: Our indoor Mezzanine area paired with our outdoor Balcony which overlooks the Las Vegas Strip (up to 75 people reception style or 55 seated) - Food & Beverage minimum of $3,000++.

Mezzanine: Indoor semi-private space seating up to 35 people or up to 50 people reception style - Food & Beverage minimum of $2,000++.

Half Patio: We can reserve a portion of our outdoor patio located directly on the Las Vegas Strip for your group (up to 40 people reception style or seated) - Food & Beverage minimum of $500++.  Heaters, if necessary, will be supplied at no additional charge.  (please note that minimum is lower because we may have a construction wall up near the patio)

The food & beverage minimums listed above are based on a 2-3 hour event and do not include 8.1% sales tax, 10% live entertainment tax (after 9pm, inside), and a 20% service charge.  A $250.00 non-refundable deposit is required to secure the area with the final guest count, menu selections and remaining pre-payment due 2 weeks prior to the event. Also, our live Irish band performs at 9:00pm nightly!"

• I'll just leave my info for Little Church here as well in case anyone else needs it lol.

I decided on this chapel after going to visit it while on a trip to Vegas. I love how cute it is and the history behind it. We liked that they have a very quick ceremony. It has just enough of the "tackiness" of Vegas without it being a drive thru wedding.

I orignally spoke with Cheyenne and then more so Lisa within the past few months. I've emailed back and forth with Lisa quite a bit asking questions and she's always quick to respond and doesnt't seem bothered by my bridezilla questions. They've been pretty good about accommodating requests so far (ie they were able to get me coral flowers which they don't usually have available, and they let me split my MOH's bouquet into 2 small bouquets for both my bridesmaids).

The only thing I would watch out for is their photo packages. The ceremony package I got was 'Marry Me' and it includes all the candid photos during the ceremony but not any of the posed photos that they take after. When I first read the package details it kind of made it seem like the photoshoot pictures were included. It ended up being not a huge deal because we also purchased the Las Vegas sign photo package, (and after looking at the pictures on their website, I'm not a big fan of their outdoor photos anyways). There are also some packages that don't allow guests to take pictures.

For our ceremony and Las Vegas sign photos the total was around $1300. There's a ministers fee of $100 that you pay cash the day of.

You can watch the web cam footage and look at pictures from past weddings on their website. That really helped me get a feel for the chapel. Also, they dont do rehearsals at all so wathcing the videos have helped me not be as anxious about it lol. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

• oh and RiRa is in Mandalay Bay, that was an option for us as well

• you are such a help!  Thank you so much! 

• No prob! I'll be posting a review in a few weeks.

• I am also getting married at Little Church of the West, in April, but @whosaidsam has pretty much covered everything I would say about it (and she has been a big help to me previously as well!), can't believe how close your wedding is now!

We deliberately picked a package which allows guests to take photos from their seats (forever true I think it is called) as we will be bringing our wedding photographer in with us, and I know he can get good snaps from his seat as I've seen ones he did in there previously! 

Interesting to hear how you're able to split your MOH bouquet Sam, I have a couple of flower queries for them so nearer the time I will get in touch to discuss with them :)

@vintagecircus - there's not many of us 'Little Church' brides so it's great to hear that you are thinking of using them, when are you planning your wedding for?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • In other news @vintagecircus they have a monthly draw to win the 'Let's Elope' package or to win $200 off another package, I appreciate that you might not want to wait until they draw the next prize to book, but if you're not in a hurry maybe it's worth a try!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • @jiimanie I know it's so close now! 2 weeks from today I leave! :S

Yeah they were pretty good about the flowers. Originally I asked for a second bouquet and it would have been $60 (yeah...no).

• This is all so helpful :)  I think I am changing my venue again!  (I'm not good at this)  But if that falls through again, I will definitely be at the Little Church.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards