North Carolina

Engagement Photos-Charlotte,NC

I just scheduled an engagement photo session for May in Charlotte, NC, does anyone know of any good locations (outdoor or indoor-but I prefer outdoor) that is NOT Freedom Park?

Re: Engagement Photos-Charlotte,NC

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Carrigan Farms??? Its GORGEOUS!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    What kind of style/vibe are you going for? We took our e-pics in the South End & I love how they turned out (kind of dirty urban). http://critseyrowe.blogspot.com/2009/06/charlotte-engagement-session-jessica.html

I've seen uptown sessions that look really great too. It just all depends on if you want a more urban or natural setting.
  • ecupirate12ecupirate12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Carrigan Farms, such a beautiful area!  Also I think there are some great vineyards right outside Charlotte so depending on how far you're willing to travel, that could be a really pretty option.  And then there's always some city shots to be had.  I don't know what "look" you're going for but uptown Charlotte could be a great backdrop too.  I'm from the Statesville area and we have alot of farms with great pastures if you're going for the romantic timeless option.  Also I would think LKN would have some really great shot locations too.  HTH!
    edited December 2011
    Oh - Don'tworry,  LOVE your pictures!!  Especially the one with the sun right behind you!  and the picture you have holding his hand at the corner of two walls... I've seen that done during the wedding day when the bride and groom weren't supposed to see eachother but the photographer had them come out and take that picture even though they couldn't see eachother.  You should keep it in mind for your wedding day!
  • edited December 2011

Jessica, your engagement pictures are fantastic!  I love the urban look. 

swilliams, My Fi and I have our engagement session scheduled in May as well.  We are going to the NoDa area of Charlotte.  I really like the murals and funky urban look of that area.

Addie and Matt - October 16, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_engagement-photos-charlottenc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:6dbe992a-f529-42e6-9df1-a92e0bfde0ffPost:16a4a555-1df3-4ce8-a8f8-357d3d607b6d">Re: Engagement Photos-Charlotte,NC</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh - Don'tworry,  LOVE your pictures!!  Especially the one with the sun right behind you!  and the picture you have holding his hand at the corner of two walls... I've seen that done during the wedding day when the bride and groom weren't supposed to see eachother but the photographer had them come out and take that picture even though they couldn't see eachother.  You should keep it in mind for your wedding day!
    Posted by ecupirate12[/QUOTE]

Haha thanks, but our wedding day has come & gone!! I really do love our photographer, she was amazing through the entire wedding process. The holding hands & the sun shot are definitely 2 of my favorites.
  • VTGirlinNCVTGirlinNC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely the South End or NoDa.  My brother in law is a photographer and he has taken some of the most unique and fun pictures in NoDa.  Have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours in NoDa and I LOVE them!  It's a funky, eclectic area that has many options.  It's full of vibrant colors and interesting backdrops.  Very artsy.

Great for pictures!
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours in uptown and they came out really good, our photographer (cheyenne schultz) has done many uptown sessions and they always turn out so pretty. There is also a park next to the University Hilton with lots of weeping willows, a pretty lake with fountains, etc. that was my second choice :)
  • janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with the Noda area, that is one of the places we are going to.  Also some other great spots are:

- The Greenway (located in Fort Mill)
    - The Panther Stadium
    - down town (*the greens, across the street from the Convention Center)
    - White Water Rafting Center.  (love the idea of having a theme of "taking the plunge"  going down the zip line or rafting together.  Plus lots of pretty nature shots)
    panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_engagement-photos-charlottenc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:6dbe992a-f529-42e6-9df1-a92e0bfde0ffPost:defac95b-6816-4ec9-99a3-d0f9b9977409">Re: Engagement Photos-Charlotte,NC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Engagement Photos-Charlotte,NC : Haha thanks, but our wedding day has come & gone!! I really do love our photographer, she was amazing through the entire wedding process. The holding hands & the sun shot are definitely 2 of my favorites.
    Posted by dontworrylover[/QUOTE]

I should have known! haha, it was a good thought anyways!
  • ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes lovely...thats why Im getting married there.
    I wuld say downtown charlotte outdoors or Carrigan Farms but I'm bias
  • Good Morning!!

We are having our engagement photos done this Sunday and we're going to Charlotte, NC. We want a city background. Can anyone give us good places to go? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards