New Jersey

Newly Renovated Water's Edge

Has anyone visted or held their wedding at the newly renovated Water's Edge in Bayville, NJ? The venue got destroyed by Sandy and was completely redone, but there are no inside photos online of the renovated space. The event coordinator said they are trying to get new photos availablle ASAP. We are interested but live rather far away (an hour and half) to travel there without having even seen photos. Any thoughts or comments on the new venue? How many people can it seat? The coordinator told me 220, but its been my expereince that these places always overestimate and it would be way too crowded with that many. Thanks in advance!

Re: Newly Renovated Water's Edge

• We wanted to go see this location after we got engaged in May.  Sadly they weren't ready for any tours and said that once complete they could hold a max 220 which I also thought was too many, but then again where we are having our reception can hold up to 300 (I believe).  I asked what the price per head would be and was told that the prices will depend on package and they haven't worked that out yet.  

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.  Good Luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • went to see waters edge a few weeks ago the week before their grand opening. the venue was beautiful!! not sure what it looked like before though. we really liked it and their pricing if u book before January cant be beat (its a lot lower then it will be i guess to try and get business back and booming) they said they could hold up to 220 but when we saw the room it was set up for 100 and it didnt seem like there would be a dance floor or anything. we ended up booking different venue because it didnt seem like it would accommodate our needs plus it was far from our church and it didnt seem like there was a lot around the area as far as hotels and places for people to stay. definitely worth the visit though if it works for what you wants its awesome!!
  • I have to say, that this is the first place that my fiance and I looked at- it was gorgeous and very new (it actually smelled a bit too new if that makes any sense), we went right after it reopened.

However, they were a bit above our price range, and when I expressed that to them, they did nothing to try to save it or offer us any kind of swaps or removals to make it more affordable.  That kind of turned us off and we moved on.  So not sure how good they will be with negotiating...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards