Wedding Party

Junior Bridesmaids

I have two cousins who are going to be 12 when I get married. I know I want them in the party as junior bridesmaids but I want a fun way to ask them to be in the wedding. For my bridesmaids I gave them each a photo of us with a little note that asked them but I wanted to do something a bit different for the girls. Any suggestions? 

Re: Junior Bridesmaids

• Just ask them. This whole trend of needing cute ways to ask people is getting cliche. And drop the junior. They are bridesmaids, just like your adult maids, who you don't refer to as senior bridesmaids.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • What Addie said. No twelve-year-old wants to be 'junior' anything. They know it means 'precious widdle baby' whatever the title is.
  • I applaud your efforts towards making the request a memorable moment.  I would think, if you live near them, a nice girls lunch together would be appreciated.  That would make them feel more adult as suggested by PP.  If you are not local, then a written note sent by "snail mail" is another way to go.  
  • I had my two cousins (9 and 7) in our wedding. When we first asked them, we asked if they wanted to be a part of our wedding. After they said yes we asked what they wanted to be - flower girls, bridesmaids, or any title they wanted lol. I don't think we did anything cutesy when asking, but I just wanted both my H and I to be there when we asked.

• jones24ac said:
    I have two cousins who are going to be 12 when I get married. I know I want them in the party as junior bridesmaids but I want a fun way to ask them to be in the wedding. For my bridesmaids I gave them each a photo of us with a little note that asked them but I wanted to do something a bit different for the girls. Any suggestions? 
    Actually I'm always a fan of just asking in person - no cute stuff. Whenever I've been asked to be a BM, this is always the more meaningful way. Perhaps you can take them out to lunch or for a mani/pedi, or to the movies or whatever and ask them then. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Longtime lurker here!  You've probably already done this, but just in case you haven't, I'd also suggest talking to the girls' mom(s) before you ask the girls themselves.  Since the girls are young and will likely rely on their parents to pay for bridesmaid dresses and any other wedding-related expenses, it would be a thoughtful gesture to quietly ask their parents first.  Then if they need to say "no" for some reason (financial, scheduling, anything), the girls won't be involved yet.  Good luck!               
  • AddieL73 said:
    Just ask them. This whole trend of needing cute ways to ask people is getting cliche. And drop the junior. They are bridesmaids, just like your adult maids, who you don't refer to as senior bridesmaids.
    This times 10000000000.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards