New Jersey

Appts with: The Manor, The Palace in Somerset Park, Stonehouse in Warren and Perona Farms...

all this week. Excited! I'm looking for a Saturday evening in April 2014 with about 175 guests. Any advice, experiences, opinions and/or recommendations are welcome :)

Re: Appts with: The Manor, The Palace in Somerset Park, Stonehouse in Warren and Perona Farms...

• I forgot to mention I'm doing both ceremony and reception there.
  • The Manor is gorgeous.  I had my prom there so many ages ago LOL and it was fantastic.  My coworker had her wedding at StoneHouse and it was beautiful.  We didn't look at them for our wedding but you can't go wrong with either looks wise.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sister had her wedding there last year.  I really liked it the room she had was pretty and the food was really good.

Anniversary

• xcitedbridexcitedbride member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
  • My sister had her wedding there last year.  I really liked it the room she had was pretty and the food was really good.
    Peaseblossom55 - I'm sorry, which venue were you referring to?
  • LoredLored member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    We looked at Stonehouse and really liked it. Almost booked it actually. I've never been to The Manor, I just don't love places that hold too many events at once. I guess I kind of want more personal attention. It seems a bit "busy" to me.
  • Sorry The Manor!

Anniversary

• Thanks, ladies. I now just added Florentine Gardens to the appt. list too. I need to stop now or I will never figure this out!
  • We are getting married at The Palace and knew it was the right fit for us.  They are all great places just remember that everything is negotiable.  The Palace would not change in price but after our meeting we knew we wanted to book there so we sent an email explaining that but asking for a few additions/upgrades and they wrote back yes to everything.   Good luck and have fun!
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    Palace bride here - I also looked at all of the venues you've listed.  You'll see pretty quickly how different they are in feel and price.  We almost booked the Stone House but decided on the Palace.  We had the ceremony on-site as well.  If you like it and want to see a real wedding, PM me and I'll send you our video trailer.  Good luck and have fun!  
  • Have you seen any so far? I have been to 3 weddings at the manor and and they were all really good I also went to seton hall prep's prom there back in 2000 and loved it. I am in a wedding this weekend that is at the manor so this will be more 4th wedding there, 2nd wedding actually in the bridal party. i haven't been to any of the other places. I had my first wedding at Seasons in Washington Township
  • Dancer2873 - the only one we've been to so far was the manor and it is very pretty and I think the menu is great for the price. The rooms seemed a little small but I could be wrong. I'm looking forward to the other appointments.
  • I'm getting married at the Stone House next week (!!!) and we chose it not only because it was beautiful and slightly unique from a lot of other venues out there, but also because their outside ceremony space is covered as part of the building. I was nervous about a summer wedding, but knowing that my ceremony will be just as gorgeous rain or shine helped a lot!

As a side note, they also give you a HUGE tasting so you can choose your menu. I love to eat so this was an added bonus for the Stone House :)
  • are you in the downstairs room that has the fountain right outside the glass walls?

• Actually, the only downstairs room in The Manor is the Regency Room which doesn't even have windows. The two upstairs (but ground level) rooms have the views. Yes, the one with the fountain right outside was our favorite. But right now The Palace seems to be in the lead for us. The hunt continues tomorrow...
  • We got married at the Stone House this past October.  I definitely recommend it.  The space is beautiful, and the food is plentiful and wonderful.

Anniversary
  • Thanks, ladies. I now just added Florentine Gardens to the appt. list too. I need to stop now or I will never figure this out!
    We just had our wedding at Florentine in September 2012 and everything was magnificent! You honestly cannot go wrong with that venue!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married at The Palace this November and have had nothing but great experiences working with them so far. Our tasting is in a few weeks.
  • Why is this so hard??!! We've only been able to knock out 2 so far and have it narrowed down to three: The Palace, The Estate at Florentine Gardens and the barn at Perona Farms. I would really like to decide this weekend and didn't expect it to be so difficult. Of course it seems that the reviews on all three seem to be great which of course is good but only makes it that much harder!
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    It's great you found three you love! We had a hard time deciding between the Palace and the Stone House. Finally, we made a list of what was important to us and we literally used a spreadsheet and did a line by line comparison, comparing food for each course, bridal suite, ceremony space, surrounding town for RD and hotels, etc. that tipped the scale for us. You've got three amazing venues to pick from. Good luck!!
  • Hi everyone,

I know I'm a little late to this thread but I am considering the Palace and the Manor as my venue for 2015.
    Will the Palace negotiate prices? I saw a few on here said no but will do upgrades and throw ins. I go to visit next week.

I also liked the manor but was concerned that there is no outside space for downstairs room. Since I'm having a winter wedding, I wasn't even sure if that matters?

So far, I'm trying to narrow down btn The Manor, The Palace, The Brownstone and David's country inn. LoL I'm all over the place!

Any and all opinions welcomed!

• I chose The Manor for my May 2014 wedding. We also did not like that the downstairs rooms did't have an outside space, since mine was in the spring I felt like that was important and chose one of the rooms upstairs. If you think your guests would like to step outside for some air, and not want to walk upstairs then that's important. The downstairs rooms are nice, but it's what you choose. I never saw the palace so I can't say anything about that. Good luck!
  • Thanks Allie. Were you able to negotiate anything at the Manor? We decided if we go with them, we will be in a upstairs room. This way whether it is warm or cold our guests will have a choice.
  • We visited the Manor in September as a possibility for our May 2014 venue. Since that is short notice, nearly all the venues we saw (all 13 of them...) were basically throwing extras at us to get us to book. I asked the Manor if they would offer anything for short notice and he said NO. Based on my experience I would be surprised if they would negotiate for 2015.
  • @BC227bride we were not able to negotiate on prices at all, they just would not budge, but anything extra we wanted they threw in for free! For example, my fiance wanted filet mignon added to the sit down menu, they added that no extra cost, they added a Viennese table at no extra cost. And a few other things I could care less about, but my fiance wanted lol. My friend also got married there last April, they didn't budge on their price either, but also received many extras. So we were happy with what we got. Our price was a great price, I can't complain!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards