Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Dad and Step-dad issues

So I was trying to think of ideas how I could include my stepdad as well as my dad in the ceremony. Someone suggested having both walk me down the isle. I like that idea and I really want to do it but the only problem is I know my dad is going to have an issue with my stepdad walking me down the aisle too. My stepdad have been a part of my life since I was two and I really want to honor him as well. I'm having a hard time telling my dad that I want him to walk me down the aisle to but I need to tell him because I don't want to drop it on him right before we walk.

Re: Dad and Step-dad issues

• Options
    I had my step-father say the blessing before dinner.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mysticl said:
    I had my step-father say the blessing before dinner.  
    This is nice, but I don't think it replaces walking her down the aisle. OP, I think you just need to bring it up in conversation. He is being immature if he makes it an issue. Some people also do half and half, but I personally think that's silly. 

What are you doing for the father/daughter dance? Just want you to be prepared if your father brings it up. 
  • Options
    Still need to figure that out
  • Options
    Maybe each can walk you part of the way.
  • Options
    My step-dad is walking me down the aisle. My father has not been a part of my life for the last 8 or so years. 

Talk to your dad. Let him know that you want to honor both of them. Best of luck, hopefully he'll take it like an adult.

Anniversary
  • Options

This is a hard subject because you are torn between loving both men, but also not wanting to upset family. The problem is, they are at your wedding for a reason..because they love you! Ask them what they both would be comfortable doing and go from there. You don't have to put them "in" your wedding at all. Maybe your mom could walk you down the aisle instead? Just a thought.

P.S I am in the same boat so I am still deciding too...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards