Flowers
Options

Thoughts on Allium for wedding flowers

I am planning a July wedding, and will be busy up until the day of the wedding.  Working most of the week, then taking 2 days off but most of it will be meeting new in-laws for the first time (OOT).

I thought of using Allium as our flowers, esp the centerpieces as it looks easier to do and the color will work with our wedding colors plus add height and virtual interest to our reception room. Ideally saves time and money.)

Thoughts?  I wanted simple without being too sparse or looking like it was def a DIY.  I might dress it up a bit more with a big ribbon or so and add a few short vases with candles around them.

Re: Thoughts on Allium for wedding flowers

• Options
    I love allium and think those ideas look pretty and modern, and really easy to DIY. My only issues with those centerpiece ideas is that they're so tall and difficult to see around. That could make it difficult for your guests to talk to each other.
  • Options
    I LOVE it! If I could find them in a good white color, I'd be doing the same thing!
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I was thinking shorter vases and have the flower about 2 foot high-maybe use stones are something else as a base, then it wouldn't block views.
  • Options
    EverAfer said:
    Thanks guys! I was thinking shorter vases and have the flower about 2 foot high-maybe use stones are something else as a base, then it wouldn't block views.
    I like this idea. The allium are awesome - very simple yet they make a statement. They'll go well with modern decor. Maybe do those thick rectangular glass vases to contrast the shape of the bloom.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards