January 2014 Weddings

When is your shower?

Have you had it yet? Mine is this weekend and I'm super nervous. I'm meeting a majority of the people for the first time and I'm worried about pronouncing everyones names correctly. I'm marrying into a big Italian family with lots of names I'm not familiar with.

Anyone have suggestions or advise to give to help calm the nerves so I can enjoy?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When is your shower?

• No shower yet but I had my Bridal Brunch last weekend. I won't have time to do anything formal just for the ladies the weekend of the wedding. I started my Wishing Well. I asked for a quote or a wish and had each of them write it and seal it in an envelope. My FI and I will open all our wishes on our 1st anniversary!
  • Oh that's is a really cool idea Jazzyliza!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had my first shower a few weeks ago with all of my family. In two weeks I am having my shower with my friends. The first one was a lot of fun. It was weird getting so many presents from people and being the center of attention. Guess I need to get used to that until after the wedding :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm not having a shower. I don't understand the point of one.
  • My shower was on the 16th.  It was awesome.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I've had two so far, one that was a little nerve wracking (from FI's side, so I didn't know anybody) and a small one from my side, which was all people that I knew and was a lot of fun. 
    I was lucky - I got to have my FI at mine, because his mom insisted, since all the people were really there for him.  But other than that, I suggest having someone you know well stick with you the whole time to help you remember names.  It made things much easier.
    That shower was pretty crazy though - as in, there were some aspects that were fancier there than my wedding is going to be.  It had a friggin sweetheart table for me and my FI - what kind of shower has that?

• Mine will be on the 28th. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards