Wedding Invitations & Paper

STD Ideas....

After getting our engagement pics back, there is one that I just keep going back to and wanting to do something like "We're going to the chapel!" The picture totally shows our personalities.  Anyone have any ideas that aren't so cheesy? Also, is it ok to do a "silly" picture like this on STDs? All the ones I have received lately have been more posed pictures. Planning on sending out STDs for our July wedding in January. Attached is my idea, let me know what you ladies think! 

Re: STD Ideas....

• Well our save the date picture was a photo taken the day we met, when we were both wearing pink tutus. So I say go for it! This picture is super cute and you both look so happy. 
  • I think your choice should match the formality of your event in addition to adding personal elements. So if you're planning a more formal event, I'd opt for something more tame. If not, I think you have a lot more freedom to choose a silly photo. 

I have to ask though...the locations of your ceremony and reception - how long of a drive is it?
    *********************************************************************************

• Its a 40 min drive. We are having a fully hosted cocktail hour at the reception venue, and we are doing a first look and all pictures before the ceremony. Cocktail hour is set to start as soon as guests get there. Lunch will be provided at the church for family members, wedding party, and family of wedding party who would want to be there early for the pictures. The church is in my hometown and the reception venue is in the town that we met and where I currently live. There aren't many reception venues that will hold as many people as we are inviting in my hometown. One actually and it is extremely expensive. That's why we opted to come back to Champaign for the reception.

The wedding will be nice but not too formal. Our personalities just aren't like that.  We would rather everyone be comfortable and just have fun. We are both the last ones in our families to get married and pretty much the last ones out of our friends, so its all about celebrating and having a good time with all of our friends and family (also because his family is really spread out and don't get the opportunity to be together much).
  • that is super cute, I say go for it!
  • I would lose the "Going to the chapel" line but keep the rest.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • While I find it cute, I can see that more conservative/less laid-back people might have a problem with it.

Who exactly are you sending it to?  If it's to anyone who doesn't have the sense of humor to find it "cute," I'd use a different design.
  • We are sending STDs to everyone on our guest list. I don't know a lot of my fiance's family, but all my family and all our friends are pretty laid back so I'm pretty sure they would all be fine with it. My fiance loves it. I guess I'll run it by the MIL and my mom to make sure they are both ok with it. The whole idea behind "We're goin' to the chapel!" was that it looks like he's carrying me somewhere. Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
  • cute pic, I say use it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards