Chit Chat

Who else is at work today?

I love my job, but on days like this, where most of America is still in bed sleeping, I regret going into healthcare.

Anyone else in the same boat today?

Re: Who else is at work today?

• I'm at work too. We are open so someone has to work, and I didn't take it off because I want the whole week off for Christmas. But it is REALLY rough going in today

• ...it is so slow, empty, and boring today. Why did I not take today off? Oh yeah I wasted my vacation time because I was sick and we don't have sick leave. So now I am stuck so that I can be off on Christmas week.
  • That sucks. I wish I could be off Christmas week. At least I'm off on Christmas this year, which is new to me.

I implemented a rule at work that only two full-timers could take off at one time, because otherwise my small department is crippled.  Technically they don't need me here, since I'm not directly on the floor, but because my staff put in their time first I felt bad granting myself a day off when I told others they couldn't be off.

Well, good luck to everyone today!
  • I'm a teacher, so nope. I decorated the house for Christmas and am spending the rest of the day just dicking around online and watching TV.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I work in healthcare, but our clinic is inexplicably closed today.

My husband is at work though and has been there since 3:45 this morning. He works in the IT department for a large retail corporation, so he needed to be there in case Shit Breaks.

• AddieL73 said:
    I'm a teacher, so nope. I decorated the house for Christmas and am spending the rest of the day just dicking around online and watching TV.
    I knew I should have been a teacher...
  • I'm at work. Blah. My family is all at home and I'm here. I work for a rental car company, people act like the world is ending if we are not open.
  • I'm also in healthcare and working today. I work at the corporate office for a national hospital system. From a patient care standpoint, there's no reason we have to be here since it's not a clinical setting. From a political standpoint, we're open because the hospital staff don't think it's fair when corporate has time off and they don't... ugh. So here I am.
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm in retail, so yeah I'm working today. Of course, the madness is over now.

Anniversary
  • I'm a librarian, so I'm at work today.

I actually had a fun program this morning, a Stuffed Animal Sleepover. I'm taking all the kids' stuffed animals around the library now taking pictures of them having their adventures, so they can pick up the animal and a photobook tomorrow of all the things they did.

Here's Gary the Gorilla (my baby for storytime) sliding into the book return!

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • I'm at work, because people seem to like having that whole TV-news-broadcast happen every day. 
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • YEP Love working healthcare but all the insurance compnaies are closed ;)
  • Working for healthcare in the IT call center. Always open. 24/7, 365 days. I work Christmas and New Years Day this year :( so I'll be roaming the boards here all day
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards