Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Limited Accommodations- Save the Date Language

We're getting married in a fairly remote area, Grand Isle, Vermont.  Given that accommodations are limited (no hotels at all), I'd like to include a note in the save the date for folks to book at one of the inns/B&Bs before all the rooms are gone.  Any suggestions on the language I should use?   Thanks!

Re: Limited Accommodations- Save the Date Language

• Options
    My save the dates and invitations were very simply worded and we set up a private fb event, wedding website and sent emails regarding availability of rooms.  We booked at one of the smaller Sandals resorts during President's week (big travel time) and kept sending emails/posting updates on our website and fb group, calling people w/o access to internet reminding them of the limited space and also the fact that prices had begun to increase at a certain point.

It sucked feeling like I was chasing people and I ultimately stopped.  I think that even if you put that language in the invitation or save the date, you will have to follow up anyway because most people toss that stuff aside...esp if your wedding a more than 6 months away, they will think there is plenty of time.  A lot of our guests responded better to verbal communication...even when they RSVP'd...I only got about 5 of my postage paid RSVP cards back in the mail! (So frustrating!!)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards