May 2014 Weddings
Options

Cake! (yum)

Has anyone been to a tasting?  What have you chosen?

With the cake display we have going on, we have one large cake, one smaller cake and a bunch of cup cakes on tiers.  We technically could've picked over 15 flavors because each tier has 3 layers.  The tasting was AMAZING.  So far we're chosen wedding white, red velvet and lemon (which much to my surprise was absolutely amazing).  I don't want to go overboard with selections but may choose one more flavor.

Re: Cake! (yum)

• Options
    I didn't get to choose a cake since mine is included with the venue, but I've heard it's divine. It's a millefoglie (puff pastry layered with thick cream). and it's not very tall, but a giant round thing. Since my wedding is abroad, I have to shrug my shoulders and hope for the best on a lot of these things. Cake was one of them.
  • Options
    I had a few cake tastings. I prefer normal cake flavors and I kind of hate when brides order fancy things just because it's their wedding cake. Usually not everyone likes it and I think that's part of what makes people think wedding cake tastes bad. We chose chocolate cake w/ chocolate mousse filling and yellow cake w/ banana cream filling. Both have butter cream icing. I'm really excited about my cake. I designed the look of it and I can't wait to see them pull it off :)

Your cake flavors sound really good. I was surprised how much I liked lemon cake the first time I tried it too.
  • Options
    Not yet! I have had cupcakes from one of the places that I am emailing and they are so good.  Both places charge for a tasting, but will put it towards your balance. 

I love lemon cakes. I feel like we're going to end up with red velvet (yum!) or vanilla with lemon or chocolate filling.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    We're doing a traditional French croquembouche instead of a wedding cake! (French cream puffs stacked in a cone-shape and covered in hardened caramel)

• Options
    I think we will do 3 different kinds. We are going to have white and chocolate for those that prefer just the normals, and then we are going to have a raspberry lemonade with raspberry filling. We got to taste it already, and it's amazing! :)
  • Options

Our cake is provided by our venue as well and we got to sample some at our tasting back in April. But when they put the cake samples on the table we weren't at our seats so I'm not quite sure what all the flavors were (the menu card did have them listed n there, but really who can tell the difference especially when there's 3 chocolate options!).  The one that both of us really liked and was surprised by was some type of spice cake which sounds weird for spring since I was tasting things like gingerbread and pumpkin lol but it was soooo good!

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We just did our cake tasting this weekend! It will be white cake with lemon and raspberry filling and buttercream frosting. For the top tier, we're having lemon cake with triple berry filling - we LOVED it, but I don't think lemon cake is necessarily everyone's cup of tea.

It was definitely my fiance's favorite appointment so far, haha!
  • Options
    my mom suggested lemon poppy seed..yuck.lol.Were going with red velvet, chocolate and carrot  cake flavors.All with a cream cheese frosting
  • Options
    I'm jealous!!! We won't even go to our first cake tasting until the 11th!  I'm looking forward to stuffing my face with cupcakes :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Is it bad that I kinda want to pretend I'm having a cake just so that we can go to tastings? Haha

• Options
    Is it bad that I kinda want to pretend I'm having a cake just so that we can go to tastings? Haha
    Same. It was the one part of wedding planning I looked forward to my whole life, and I can't do it because I'm getting married overseas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards