New Jersey
Options

HELP!! -- The Manor, West Orange SUNDAY Brides

Ok -- so when I booked my wedding (ceremony & reception) at The Manor for the Sunday before Memorial Day, I thought I was being so clever, getting the Sunday price for a holiday weekend when most will be off work the following day. Additionally, a vast amount of my guests and bridal party will be traveling all the way from Florida for the wedding, so I wanted to have the extra travel days.

WELL, what I was not apprised of when I booked my wedding, was the fact that The Manor does not hold ceremony rehearsals on Saturday. When I called to speak to Rolph about this issue, he was not in the office (as usual), so I was put in touch with Preston instead. WHAT A POMPOUS ASS. He acted like "So what am I supposed to do about it? It's the rules, you figure it out" ! Incredibly pretentious and unhelpful. When I pointed out that there is just NO way that I am the only bride to have had this issue, his response was "Well, actually, most brides understand that we have events on Saturdays and cannot accomodate a rehearsal" ! I swear if I could have reached through the phone and strangled him at that point, I would have.

He said my only option was to *possibly* have the rehearsal at NINE IN THE MORNING on Saturday. Which means my entire bridal party and close family have to fly in Friday night instead of Saturday morning and stay an extra night in the overpriced hotels in the West Orange area. And he said he won't know for sure if this is an option until 3-4 months before my wedding!

WHAT DO I DO?! Has any other Sunday Manor brides had this issue?! Did you find a solution?

I am so stressed about this. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Re: HELP!! -- The Manor, West Orange SUNDAY Brides

• Options

I didn't have my wedding at the Manor but had the same issue at my venue. I also had people in my bridal party flying in from other states so I did my own rehearsal right before the dinner.

I made sure they knew the order, who was being paired up and where they would stand. That's really all they need to know.

• Options
    I wasn't married at the Manor but had the same issue at my venue. It wasn't a big deal at all. About a half hour before the wedding, the coordinator and officiant gathered everyone together and walked through the details. Like @mss274, I made sure everyone knew the order. We still had a "rehearsal" dinner the night before. Don't worry about it.
  • Options
    Ditto PPs.  We didn't have a rehearsal.  The day of the wedding, the coordinator just lined everyone up in order outside the doors and signaled when each person was to start walking.  You can talk to your bridal party separately and just let them know the order too.  Don't stress about this....it may not seem like it now, but it's really a non-issue.
  • Options
    This is a pretty common problem. We couldn't find a time to have our rehearsal at the venue so we had it at our RD space.  It was really no big deal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards