Nevada-Las Vegas

Bonus trip to Vegas!

Hi All,

I'm so excited, just found out I will be in Vegas the week of Dec. 9 for a conference at Mandalay. Work finishes up Friday so I thought, why would I go home? A girlfriend is going to fly out and we will stay the weekend.

Anyone know of any good hotel deals? Looking at Thursday the 12 until Sunday the 15th.

Any hot spots I should visit? Restaurants I should try?

I'm planning to go to the Chapel and PH and Mon Ami Gabi to see the space, but not really sure what else I should hit in terms of wedding.

Yay!

Ally

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bonus trip to Vegas!

• How exciting!!!  

I'm getting some emails for Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales.  Here are some of the links...

Mirage with $100 dining credit:  https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=160&host=offer&code=MIRBFEMB  (Stack is amazing and there is a new steakhouse here)

If you guys have time check out the Venetian, they have a big Winter Festival going on.  I was there last weekend, there is ice skating out front and when were walking by there was a free concert and they had dancers.  Inside near the Market Square there was another mini-show.  All kinds of costumes.  

We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • My go-to lower cost hotel is always Flamingo; center of the strip, the Go rooms are typically nice, lots of stuff to do around it.  If you want to stay closer to the Mandalay end Luxor and Excalibur are connected, but a long walk, and less expensive.  Tropicana across the street is cheap but I've never stayed there so don't know how their rooms are.

Off strip, Palms is great, and has several clubs, typically good prices, lots to do.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We stayed at the Flamingo for our mini-moon after the wedding and loved it!  You can't beat the prices for the location!
  • I second VegasGroom, however I can add that the Tropicana was recently renovated and their rooms are fantastic (before, they were kind of scary in the older areas), so that could be a good bet too
  • You're getting into Vegas the day I leave!

We have guests staying at Tropicana because it's close to Mandalay Bay (where we are staying). It's a Hilton Doubletree now so standards are much higher.

• I took advantage of Cyber Monday and booked The Bellagio for the weekend. Fiancé is going to KILL ME!

Any suggestions for cheap but fun Strip eats? We are doing one nice dinner at STK but trying not to blow it out of the water other nights.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For cheap eats, try Fremont, most places down there are cheaper.  The Fremont Hotel buffet isn't bad for the price and Main Street Hotel has the Triple 7 Brewery.

The Pub in Monte Carlo usually has some good happy hour prices.  Also, there is almost always a Groupon for 2 for 1 Spice Market Buffet.  

Another place for good happy hour is the Fashion Show mall, both RA and Maggiagos have good food and drink specials.
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards