Illinois-Chicago
Options

Calligraphy?

So, the time has come for me to order invites and get ready to send them out (OMG).  FMIL, my mom, FI, and I went to choose invites yesterday, and while we were there, my mom asked if we were planning to have the invites/envelopes written out by a calligrapher (is that even a word?).  I had thought that I would just write them out by hand, but if I can have someone do them relatively inexpensively, I'd look into it.

Any recs?  I'm in the western 'burbs, so I'd prefer someone outside of the city.  I should also ask the store where we are getting invites from, I guess...

Thanks and I hope everyone's planning is going well!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Calligraphy?

• Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had Michele Clark (out of Staten Island) do my calligraphy.  She was cheaper than the local calligraphers even with shipping.  Her work is really lovely and I highly recommend her.  She is pretty popular and books up fast so if interested, please reach out to her at:

calligraphybymichele@verizon.net 

calligraphybymichele.blogspot.com

There is another calligrapher out of the east coast who is extremely reasonable and very popular.  It is Carmela Mazzurulli and she can be reached at melsinkwell@comcast.net

Good luck!
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!  I appreciate the rec's.  I will look into both of them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards